PDA

View Full Version : Sonic Case Cleaner

gcollins
08-02-2012, 12:02 PM
Hi All,
If this topic has been beat to death, I apoliges!!:brokenima Just delete It.
I go along and hear people mention Sonic Cleaner's, but I have no clue how they work , what they look like ect. What is the cost? If it is high which I feel it is, are they worth it??:roll:
G

gray wolf
08-02-2012, 02:57 PM
Size can be a 1 quart tank, as we might use, or a 20 gallon tank as used for large parts cleaning, even a 1 cup tank for small jewelry.
They create a wave of vibrations that pass through the tank and react with whats in the tank. It loosens dirt, grime and stuck on matter. A low suds soap is used to combat grease and grime and aid in the cleaning.
It cleans like a tooth brush and dawn liquid,
IT DOES NOT SHINE CASES--they may appear shiny, but they are just clean.
Some come with a heater, hot solution helps to quicken the removal of grime.
If you skip the heater warm your cleaning solution. I don't own one but used them for many years, they are effective cleaning units but like said they do not accomplish what a tumbler does or vibrator with corn Cob.
I/we never got sucked into buying the expensive cleaning solutions,
Dawn is a good substitute, as is simple green and the like.
hot solution is your friend, the thinner the solution the more effective the cleaning action, ( don't add to much thick detergent )
That's my experience.

1hole
08-02-2012, 07:45 PM
"...are they worth it??"

Not in my opinion. I have one, use it to clean small mechanical items like triggers and chain saw carborators. Do my cases in a vib tumbler, much easier and much less messy. After we wipe the outside of a case off and do a visual inside for dirt or rocks the rest is meaningless eye candy.