PDA

View Full Version : Greybeard Outdoors

44man
08-02-2012, 11:12 AM
I just plain never went there. I might have posted twice in five years. Nothing to speak of, just a simple answer. I just do not remember the last time.
I wanted to talk to Veral Smith so I signed on. Had to go to an old book to find the password.
I AM BANNED!
Someone is going behind my back to moderators. Cowards, scum of the earth, what more can I say?
I need to send some money to this site. Hard on SS but I must help.
Is it money given to other sites that controls moderators?
Some creep is removing me from every shooting site, is it his pocketbook talking?
Moderators have a tough job looking at facts or nasty stuff but if they get a PM from someone, they need to be in control other then donations.

tomme boy
08-02-2012, 11:19 AM
Just create another account. Thats what I did when they banned me for telling Greybeard he was wrong about how he has the rules set up for selling guns. He says that guns MUST be shipped from FFL to FFL. According to him thats what he was told by the BATF.

44man
08-02-2012, 11:32 AM
Just create another account. Thats what I did when they banned me for telling Greybeard he was wrong about how he has the rules set up for selling guns. He says that guns MUST be shipped from FFL to FFL. According to him thats what he was told by the BATF.
Might be the way but I so hate to lie about anything. Going on as someone else is so against my feelings. Take me for me. I will not lie to you.
Yet someone is hurting me. I can not fight back against someone hidden.
I hate to fight back too, I only state what I find, the rest is up to all of you. I refuse to say bad about anyone so why is this stuff going on?

dk17hmr
08-02-2012, 11:54 AM
Wait wait wait..... there are other shooting sites on the internet?

Dale53
08-02-2012, 11:56 AM
44man;
There are those that absolutely cannot STAND the truth. I am sure that at some time you and I have disagreed about something (surely, something) but it has NEVER affected my opinion of you which is pretty dern high. I suspect that is returned from you.

People with monstrous egos cannot stand the light of day. I suggest that is what is happening. If they cannot win the argument then they hit you behind your back.

Just sign up the next time as "44man2". The board will probably accept you and no problem surfaces.

Just a thought...

Dale53

429421Cowboy
08-02-2012, 11:57 AM
In my opinion GBO is not worth the powder to blow it back from whence it came! Its a bunch of cronies and nobody else is safe. I stick to CB cuz i know i can trust you guys.

45 2.1
08-02-2012, 12:01 PM
I just plain never went there. I might have posted twice in five years. Nothing to speak of, just a simple answer. I just do not remember the last time.
I wanted to talk to Veral Smith so I signed on. Had to go to an old book to find the password.
I AM BANNED!

It might surprise you to know that there is another 44man on that forum. I've been a member there as far back as the Shooters forum that begat this one. That 44 man didn't write or act like you. How you both got on is a mystery to me. Contact Greybeard..................

twotrees
08-02-2012, 12:06 PM
A bunch of folks on here and other sites are banned. Me included Mr. GB reads ALL of the PM's so if you put anything in those , you Will be banned for that. Talk about Big Brother (And I do mean B I G) is always watching. All be warned !!!

TT

44man
08-02-2012, 12:08 PM
It might surprise you to know that there is another 44man on that forum. I've been a member there as far back as the Shooters forum that begat this one. That 44 man didn't write or act like you. How you both got on is a mystery to me. Contact Greybeard..................
WOW, that is crazy. I will try.

9.3X62AL
08-02-2012, 12:24 PM
Well, Steve, it's that kind of fair-mindedness by staff that makes Cast Boolits a good place to hang your hat. Good on y'all!

I have no experience at GBO, so I can't assist with any insight.

popper
08-02-2012, 12:32 PM
Never did find anything worthwhile there.

Bad Water Bill
08-02-2012, 12:50 PM
When I first got my puter I hit many supposed gun friendly sites and GBO was one of them. Didn't take more than a day or two for me to find that I did NOT want to hang my hat there so I came here to bother you all.:bigsmyl2:

Been here ever since and never went back.

gray wolf
08-02-2012, 01:02 PM
44 man, in all honesty, it's there loss and not yours.
Do you really need the drama in your life ?

375RUGER
08-02-2012, 01:06 PM
When I first got my puter I hit many supposed gun friendly sites and GBO was one of them. Didn't take more than a day or two for me to find that I did NOT want to hang my hat there so I came here to bother you all.:bigsmyl2:

You're no bother Bill. We like Girty anyway.

44man
08-02-2012, 01:59 PM

You will never bother a single one here.
I really think it is because we understand each other and all are friends.
I have devoted my life to revolvers after rifles, etc. Then one came into my life to learn, pretending to be a friend. I find I was taken advantage of and a book was written. I will not be mentioned or get a dime. My knowledge will be repeated as his findings. I worked hard and never knew it was for nothing. Making molds and penetration tests. Long range accuracy.
I feel stupid, a SUCKER trusting anyone. A Taffin copy has emerged from the darkness.
That "FRIEND" has not called anymore because he has what he needed. He is no longer welcome here.
Watch out who you admire, trust the great people here first. No King of the hill. A few creep in, ignore them.

9.3X62AL
08-02-2012, 02:20 PM
Betrayal sucks, as does plagiarism. Straight-up theft of intellectual property, it seems to me.

Lloyd Smale
08-02-2012, 02:21 PM
Im a moderator there on the single action fourm. There is another 44man there so it probably wont allow two with the same name. You can send any bribe money to me!! By the way greybeard does not read the pms there. Its a very large forum and even if it were possible he sure wouldnt have the time or care enough to read pms! Only time ive ever seen him do it is if hes invited to by one of the two people involved. Mostly due to people getting ripped off in the classifieds. Granted its a differnt fourm and the level of experience in shooting and especially casting isnt on the same level as some here. But then again we have beginners too. There is some good people there and Greybeard hasnt banned me and as most here know i certainly tell it like it is and dont pull punches. What isnt allow there is the same as here. Personal attacks and profanity (at least hard core profanity) isnt allowed. Ive been on both forums for many years and dont see one bit of differnce in what it takes to get yourself banned. IF you got banned there there was a GOOD REASON!!

Tom W.
08-02-2012, 02:28 PM
Well, I'm a moderator there on a regional specific forum. Been there since 2002 without any problems, and only had to move one thread and remove one in all that time.
You do gotta remember it is Bill's site, so he can be a cranky as he wants to be.

waksupi
08-02-2012, 04:39 PM
I think i have been banned there three or four times. Lost count. Last time I was talking to Veral about lubes, and temperature effects. I guess the owner couldn't put up with a serious conversation, and gave me the boot. I have no clue as to why it happened. Haven't bothered to ever go back again. I can take "no" for an answer!

paul h
08-02-2012, 04:45 PM
GB suffers from big fish in a little pond syndrom. He comes unglued when with people that know more than him, or have more experience than him. So long as he's heaped with praise for being all knowing he's happy.

375RUGER
08-02-2012, 05:06 PM
I have devoted my life to revolvers after rifles, etc. Then one came into my life to learn, pretending to be a friend. I find I was taken advantage of and a book was written. I will not be mentioned or get a dime. My knowledge will be repeated as his findings. I worked hard and never knew it was for nothing. Making molds and penetration tests. Long range accuracy.
I feel stupid, a SUCKER trusting anyone. A Taffin copy has emerged from the darkness.
That "FRIEND" has not called anymore because he has what he needed. He is no longer welcome here.
Watch out who you admire, trust the great people here first. No King of the hill. A few creep in, ignore them.

I'm so glad you (and so many others) choose to share your knowledge and experience with us here, especially after what you described. happens all too often. Happened to my Grandfather and Uncle in the 50's over some farm machinery. It's sad that some people are that way.

Jim Flinchbaugh
08-02-2012, 05:21 PM
I originally signed on there when I got my first Handi's. I got the feeling I was
sneaking into someone elses crappie pond. It definitely has the "club" feeling and if you aint it,
you dont get much help. I did find the fellow that works for H&R to be very helpful, but outside of that, it feels kind frosty there to me

Bret4207
08-02-2012, 06:13 PM
I never understood that business of treating people you don't "know" as idiots. Seems to be all the rage on most other sites, and not just gun sites.

GB had I had a little discussion back when I was trying to get all the gun boards together to fight gun control. You;d have thought I was a communist or something.

Bret4207
08-02-2012, 06:14 PM

Don't feel like the lone Ranger, we had one here that took a lot of stuff from a lot of people.

Love Life
08-02-2012, 06:58 PM
I have a GBO account from when I first started casting. I thought it was cool to talk to THE Veral Smith of LBT.

Then I found this place. The clouds parted, the sun shone down, and I was introduced to many aspects of shooting that I had no idea existed in the first place.

44Man I find your posts very informational, and have used your knowledge to be successful with the 357 magnum. I thank you for it.

and I haven't been banned...

Lloyd Smale
08-03-2012, 06:19 AM
now you want a fourm that the moderators act like nazis try the accurate reloading forums. Talk about a place where you dont fit in if your not in there click. Disagree with a moderator there and see how long you last or how fast your ganged up on by boot liickers

StrawHat
08-03-2012, 07:06 AM

Post the authors name. Many of us still buy books on the topic. If I know his name, I will not buy it. He stole from you to make money. I do not, knowingly, support that kind of behavior.

Bret4207
08-03-2012, 07:35 AM
I believe that's who he is referring to Bret.

I didn't want to make assumptions. Joe B is no Taffin.

44man
08-03-2012, 08:48 AM
I didn't want to make assumptions. Joe B is no Taffin.
True, not him. I will not name, some will figure it.
Yet I will not change. Anyone that needs help is welcome here to my home. If you can also help me, you are even more welcome because I will never take advantage of you and claim for myself. You will get all credit.
Remember how I lost the first lighted bow sights and the compound broad head tuning method? I lost many other things that could have made me some money. But helping to shoot better is not to make anything, it is to help. Many here have helped me and others too.
We never have to agree 100% but it is the quality of those here that makes everyone feel at home. To discuss makes one feel he is talking to a friend with opinions that have merit. Each to our own opinions, just have respect.

paul h
08-03-2012, 12:34 PM
now you want a fourm that the moderators act like nazis try the accurate reloading forums. Talk about a place where you dont fit in if your not in there click. Disagree with a moderator there and see how long you last or how fast your ganged up on by boot liickers

The handgun hunting moderator on AR falls under that category, but I take offense at categorizing all the moderators there in that light.

gnoahhh
08-03-2012, 02:05 PM
I quit going there a long time ago. I wanted to sell something in their classifieds and got bogged down in all of their draconian rules. I feel this site is one of the most fairly run sites on the internet.

Freightman
08-03-2012, 02:36 PM
I know that the owners of sits need to pay the bills to keep them up but the Chevrolet advertisements on GB are the most aggravating I have encountered, they pop up and talk I hate that. So I do not go there because of that and to be fair this is home and I do not stay away from home for long.

nicholst55
08-03-2012, 02:48 PM
A bunch of folks on here and other sites are banned. Me included Mr. GB reads ALL of the PM's so if you put anything in those , you Will be banned for that. Talk about Big Brother (And I do mean B I G) is always watching. All be warned !!!

TT

I quit using that forum for just that reason. I was trying to get contact info for a gunsmith that Greybeard has a hard-on for. I couldn't even type the man's name in a PM to another member, because it was deleted! Pure and absolute BS, IMHO, and I don't have time for it.

45 2.1
08-03-2012, 02:51 PM
The handgun hunting moderator on AR falls under that category, but I take offense at categorizing all the moderators there in that light.

paul h is the cast bullets forum moderator on AR forums and he is steady as a rock.... no problems with him what so ever.

44man
08-03-2012, 05:55 PM
paul h is the cast bullets forum moderator on AR forums and he is steady as a rock.... no problems with him what so ever.
Is that MS Hitman? I praised him for having knowledge and was booted.
Someone is still behind the scenes.
OOPS, the cast bullet mod. MS is the handgun mod.

canyon-ghost
08-03-2012, 06:10 PM

I've noticed the same thing, there's another YOU over there. But, I generally use the site for it's Contender Classifieds, buy, sell, trade. I'm just not one given to debate.

Down South
08-03-2012, 11:29 PM
I had actually forgot that site existed. I joined up there a few years ago when I bought a Handi 45-70 and working on making it shoot better.
I just went over and my log in still works. I read a couple threads. Seems to be a lot more classifieds now than compared to when I joined a few years ago.

troy_mclure
08-04-2012, 08:11 AM
I signed up over there for the encore forums, and still occasionally view the camping and related sections.
If you want a strict forum, try the firing line . Com, if your grammar and punctuation isn't perfect your thread is deleted.

44man
08-04-2012, 08:28 AM
I am bfrshooter on most other forums.
It could be a trouble maker using 44man but that is not me there.

gnoahhh
08-05-2012, 12:05 PM
I know that the owners of sits need to pay the bills to keep them up but the Chevrolet advertisements on GB are the most aggravating I have encountered, they pop up and talk I hate that. So I do not go there because of that and to be fair this is home and I do not stay away from home for long.

Try downloading 'adblock.com'. That eliminated all of those annoying ads everywhere I go. I realize the need for advertising, but a lot of it is 'in your face' and I resent that.

Bad Water Bill
08-05-2012, 12:13 PM
There is a fishing website I visit. The same add popped in your face every time you touched a key.

Adblocker did the trick.

rockrat
08-05-2012, 04:50 PM
Tried to get on GBO. Only partially got on. Got a chevy ad but site never totally came up, even about after 5 min. Have my filters kind of high to help keep ads off, guess it kept the whole site from coming up since I wouldn't let other junk come up. Guess his site is junk comes up first, then the site.

Bad Water Bill
08-05-2012, 05:49 PM
Beware of those adds. someone may have loaded them with a virus and you know what happens then.

Last one I got totally destroyed my puter.:cry:

ubetcha
08-05-2012, 06:14 PM
It appears that Explorer is not supported as a browser.Does anyone have Explorer with adblock?

ubetcha
08-05-2012, 06:17 PM
well I just went to Firefox and it downloaded so I'll see what happens. Thanks

tomme boy
08-05-2012, 06:38 PM
I went to Google Chrome. I don't get any of the BS adds anywhere. And it made my computer way faster.

LUCKYDAWG13
08-05-2012, 06:46 PM
I went to Google Chrome. I don't get any of the BS adds anywhere. And it made my computer way faster.
me too butt i still get them dang chevy pop ups on GB

bigboredad
08-05-2012, 08:22 PM
I was another forum and somebody was excited about a group he shot and a poster response was only heh heh heh. I wasn't real impressed with the response

Goatwhiskers
08-05-2012, 08:41 PM
Gettin' real disgusted with GBO myself. Takes several minutes for the site to load, then each forum is the same thing, then same with each topic. Same in reverse, plus my 'puter is locked until the process is complete. Used to enjoy the Handi topics, now takes too much of my time, gettin' old and don't have that much left, need to be loadin' and shootin'. Goat

ubetcha
08-05-2012, 10:16 PM
I found the install for explorer
.thanks again

The Double D
08-06-2012, 10:16 AM
I hope all you guys dissatisfied about those stupid popups on GBO are complaining over on GBO. Complaining here doesn't do any good.

FWIW, I think the suck also.

44man
08-06-2012, 10:24 AM
I hope all you guys dissatisfied about those stupid popups on GBO are complaining over on GBO. Complaining here doesn't do any good.

FWIW, I think the suck also.
Can't complain when you are banned but even then, complain and you WILL be banned! [smilie=l:

jlchucker
08-06-2012, 12:43 PM
I was a member there up until I got a new computer and my password got lost. I had been thinking of leaving GBO for several months before, but never did. Once in a while someone would post something good, but there's a lot of leftwing liberal posting going on there, and too much focus on handi-rifles. They've even got a leftist for a moderator, and he's a guy who turns everything into a political discussion. I don't miss not logging onto GBO.

dmize
08-06-2012, 09:29 PM
Ouch!!!!!!!!!!!

44man
08-07-2012, 09:10 AM
I might be cottonstalk. The problem is he came and picked up his stuff, kind of gruffy and now I never hear from him anymore. I do not understand, I thought he was a friend, what am I to think?
It is a pretty hurtful thing to do.
I might be showing displeasure a little and goading him, at least he can call and holler at me.
To just walk out and walk away bothers me and I don't know what is behind it.
The only beef we ever had was my dislike of the Bisley.
Put yourself in my shoes. Archers, etc would be a friend, come over to see my ideas, I even made stuff for them. Then they would vanish. Next I would see my ideas for sale and the "friend" got rich.
I wrote books and articles, sent them out to be rejected but beware, the information is kept and sold. A large company is using what I developed. The place I worked at is using many of my ideas submitted under the program to reward us. There was a year cut off and after the year, my ideas would show up.
Now a "friend" walks out again. I am not going to call, it is up to him. My stuff has been free for a long time, yet I feel "used."
I could care less what he does or how much he makes but to walk away is nothing a friend does, would you do that?
I made molds, worked loads, did triggers, set up penetration tests and all I was capable of for my age. Much time showing how to cast good boolits and how to load best.
Maybe you should ask him to explain to you.

bigboredad
08-07-2012, 01:24 PM
I'm a little confused you say you repeatedly get banned from forums you've had countless people that you claim were your friends just pick up and walk away never to call you have had all these great ideas that people stole and made money while you get nothing. To me you seem to want to blame someone else for going behind your back to get you kicked off the forums you want to blame all your friends for walking away with no reason and someone always steals your "ideas" Sounds to me like you want to blame everyone else for your problems. Just maybe it's not everyone else just maybe. But when the whole world is effed up and you are the only perfect one then maybe it's not the whole world. Just something to think about no response necessary just sit there and reach deep back into your memory and see what you can find

44man
08-07-2012, 03:54 PM
I'm a little confused you say you repeatedly get banned from forums you've had countless people that you claim were your friends just pick up and walk away never to call you have had all these great ideas that people stole and made money while you get nothing. To me you seem to want to blame someone else for going behind your back to get you kicked off the forums you want to blame all your friends for walking away with no reason and someone always steals your "ideas" Sounds to me like you want to blame everyone else for your problems. Just maybe it's not everyone else just maybe. But when the whole world is effed up and you are the only perfect one then maybe it's not the whole world. Just something to think about no response necessary just sit there and reach deep back into your memory and see what you can find
Simple, I have said things that a few do not agree with but I never call anyone names or argue, I just present things.
I have gone way out to help shooters but it rubs some wrong.
I admit it and the worst thing I have done is to ask for proof that a load works. I do not do that anymore.
Then I posted pictures to show what anyone can do and was called a liar. I explained how to do it but was told they must be 10 yard shots.
I am far from perfect and make mistakes all the time and admit it.
But look at the difference here compared to other places, nobody gets upset and we just talk. I get hundreds of PM's and E mails.
Two things I have done wrong. I listed some things about Freedom guns and said I myself can not shoot a Bisley. Shoot a gun before deciding on the grip. I can not call those back and the firestorm will never go away.
The fastest way for me to get tossed is to show pictures of what a revolver can do. All are true at the distance. I once told of shooting a 1/4" 5 shot group at 350 yards with my 220 swift, it is true. My .222 would hold 1/2" at 250 yards, it is true.
See where that leads?
No, you do not upset me and what you say is OK. You make a point. Yet I will do anything for you and will respect anything you say. I can learn from you and it will be a cold day in hell when I would turn my back on you or anyone else.
It is not money. Telling the truth has been the biggest problem I have. Betrayal hurts feelings, not my pocket.
A fellow came yesterday to get a picatinny rail milled to fit his rifle. It took a few hours to set up and mill. Cost to him? ZERO, yes ZERO. Sitting and chatting was more important, you do not know me.
Bring a revolver here for a trigger job and your cost would also be ZERO because you are a friend, can you see that?

jwp475
08-07-2012, 06:35 PM
You argued that you could look at a primer and tell if it was a large pistol primer or a mag primer even after pictures were posted proving beyond a doubt that could not be done.

You tried to humiliate him in a thread on Handgun Hunter dot com because he disagreed with you and yet you wonder why he has called you? Phones run two directions and you didn't call to find out if there was a problem and if so what was it. No you decided to post your garbage here in this thread. You started this thread to get sympathy for getting kicked off of another site. I know for a fact that you were warned numerous times on Accurate Reloading. The moderator even called you on the phone to ask you to stop and all you did is laugh. Yet now you act as if you have no idea why?

With friends like you they sure don't need any enemies

leftiye
08-08-2012, 10:13 PM
Ditto, right back at ya.

Lloyd Smale
08-09-2012, 06:42 AM
I know Jim can be argumentive and truth be told so can I. Dont know what he did to get banned on and the accurate fourm. But he sure isnt missing anything there. I walked away and and would have been about proud to have gotten banned. Theres a group of about 10 people there that can say anything they want. Personal attacks are allowed buy only if your in the chosen few. If you disagree either the post is locked or you get the boot. Ive never seen a fourm with so many locked posts. Again i may be judging by just one moderator but I about have to as the fourm owner allows him to do act the way he does. I havent been back there for about a year. Im sure im not missed and the feeling is sure mutual.

44man
08-09-2012, 09:07 AM
I know Jim can be argumentive and truth be told so can I. Dont know what he did to get banned on and the accurate fourm. But he sure isnt missing anything there. I walked away and and would have been about proud to have gotten banned. Theres a group of about 10 people there that can say anything they want. Personal attacks are allowed buy only if your in the chosen few. If you disagree either the post is locked or you get the boot. Ive never seen a fourm with so many locked posts. Again i may be judging by just one moderator but I about have to as the fourm owner allows him to do act the way he does. I havent been back there for about a year. Im sure im not missed and the feeling is sure mutual.
Yes, indeed I can be. But I don't get angry.
Most everyone here posts facts as best they can but some can not live with facts if it interferes with their posts. It is taken as personal.
But to get the boot from GB without more then a simple post or two for years is suspect. I had completely forgotten I was signed on there. I have talked a lot with Veral on E mail and he has no idea. It is higher up from someone with influence.
You are correct about some that personally attack and cuss blue streaks and they stay, goes for a lot of sites. Someone is in the background and I know them that do it to me.
I refuse to bend against someone that thinks he has a name if he is wrong. I will go out of my way to get answers from companies and real experts, not from a rag writer.
It is a disservice to shooters to promote false info.
That is my stand.

Tom-ADC
08-09-2012, 03:37 PM
Please give it a rest.

http://1858remington.com/discuss/Smileys/default/Beating_A_Dead_Horse.gif

44man
08-10-2012, 09:12 AM
Please give it a rest.

http://1858remington.com/discuss/Smileys/default/Beating_A_Dead_Horse.gif
Yes, I am done. Good call!

Tom-ADC
08-10-2012, 12:05 PM