PDA

View Full Version : My Weekend

KCSO
05-07-2007, 10:30 AM
Kinda busy cleaning up after the weekend. This was taken from my cruiser, at it closest I was within 100 yards of this one. This is one of 3 that were on the ground headed to our town Saturday.

scrapcan
05-07-2007, 11:37 AM
KSCO,

Hope you faired better than some of the folks in other states. From watching the weather maps it looks like this front is slow moving and may result in a few more of these storms for you guys. Here in Wyoming we got rain, wind, and snow. Weather still moving east so it will be to you in the near future.

Be careful and stay as safe as possible in that cruiser. Are you with the Neb. State Patrol? Or Local LEO?

SharpsShooter
05-07-2007, 07:44 PM
KCSO

That is an impressive view from your "office window". I always wanted to see one of those (not anywhere it would cause harm). It is just a natural occurence I'd like to witness firsthand

SS

KCSO
05-07-2007, 08:30 PM
Sheriff

We were lucky as even though there was some damage no one was seriously injured. This was mostly due to the spotters who ran with the storm and forewarned every house in the path. Our Fire and rescue folks outdid themselves this weekend.

DLCTEX
05-07-2007, 08:50 PM
A big one missed us by about 8 miles Saturday night. The folks at Sweetwater, Ok lost their school again(2003 it got most of the school), this time it looks as if the loss is a total. 10 or 12 houses destroyed, no loss of life and one minor injury. The officials gave good advanced warning, and it is a very small community. Fortunetly it stayed in rural areas for probably 50 or 60 miles. In 1995 we had an f5 near here that was 1 1/4 miles wide, again staying rural about the same distance. The destruction is awesome and frightening. DALE

Bret4207
05-08-2007, 08:17 AM
Next time I'm hip deep in half frozen mud and it's -35 I'll remember that pic and count my blessings! We get strong wind and bad lightening around here, but nothing like that normally. Keep yer head down bud.

KCSO
05-08-2007, 09:05 AM
What? you come to Nebraska for the winter???

bruce drake
05-08-2007, 11:49 AM
That's upstate New York in the spring! I was in the woods last weekend and I saw several piles of snow still standing waiting for the September Snowstorms to start again!

TDB9901
05-08-2007, 04:45 PM
KCSO,
We're just 200 miles or so south west of you, had lots of rain over the weekend, but nothing real severe. Had a touchdown with some damage about 50 miles east of us though.

From the radar pictures I watched we were in an alley between two bands of rough stuff. Big red and orange band to the east, over you, and one over the eastern panhandle, and us in a clear spot in the middle.

Could it be we're just living right???[smilie=1:

Bigjohn
05-08-2007, 08:51 PM
I believe you were luckier than some, the news is telling us of the town one of those twisters totalled. Killed several residents as well.

I don't envy anyone living in those areas "Tornado Alley" ain't no bowling alley.

John.

TDB9901
05-08-2007, 09:14 PM
That's true.

We got hit a few years ago, lost most of the trees in the north end of our small town, damaged the Court House to the extent that we had to build a new one, and damaged several other buildings.

We were lucky that it didn't touch completely down, or we would have been like that small town in Kansas that no longer exists....

I'm a spotter, and we are out everytime there are watches and warnings, but when it's your turn to get hit, all you can do is turn on the sirens and hope everyone possible gets in a hole...............

Bret4207
05-09-2007, 08:12 AM
Bruce! "UPSTATE" is where Hillary lives. You and I live in "NORTHERN NY". (Honestly, you gotta walk some people through this stuff........) But hey, you can't complain about the weather the last 2 weeks, can you? Signed- Bret (on vacation these past 2 weeks!)