PDA

View Full Version : I heard Primers are available!

Roger Ronas
08-01-2012, 02:52 PM
Don't know if right place to post but here goes.

Just got an email from DAG ammo. All primers are in stock.
http://www.dagammo.com/shop/?main_page=index&cPath=6

Not associated with them, just trying to inform those that have had problems finding primers. This business is owned by a disabled vet.

HTH
Rog

Cowboy T
08-01-2012, 03:41 PM
Done business with Dominic before. Nice guy. The reason he's been out of the Tulammo SPP's is because the importer wasn't getting any in for a while. Apparently that's now changed.

He's always had the LPP's for those who shoot God's True Cartridge, the .45 LONG Colt. :mrgreen:

Huh-huh...I said, "Colt"...huh-huh....

trixter
08-03-2012, 04:13 PM
I've not had any trouble getting LPP primers, but have had to pay a little more than I wanted.

geargnasher
08-04-2012, 12:30 AM
God didn't call it "long" when he invented it. I don't know why everyone else thinks they should.

Gear

btroj
08-04-2012, 07:33 AM
Yep, no long Colt cartridges in my house. Lots of 45 Colt, lotsof 45 ACP, no long ones.

Jim
08-04-2012, 08:28 AM
I once had a Taurus Judge that had '.45 Long Colt' stamped on the barrel. Consider the source. If that cartridge designation really existed, would it be to differentiate it from 'Short Colt'?

oneokie
08-04-2012, 09:17 AM
would it be to differentiate it from 'Short Colt'?

Think it is for the uneducated. One would be surprised at how many people automatically think 45 Colt refers to the 45ACP.

And yes, there is a 45 short Colt cartridge.

btroj
08-04-2012, 09:25 AM
[smilie=b:There are also people who refer to cartridges as "bullets". Some people are best ignored.

And Jim, you don't consider Taurus a great reference on this issue? Wasn't Sam Colt from Brazil?

Elkins45
08-04-2012, 10:27 AM
I didn't know there was (another) primer shortage. The reloading supplies guy at the gunshow a couple of weeks ago had tons of them, both Win and Fed.

Pre-election panic?

mold maker
08-04-2012, 11:18 AM
[QUOTE=btroj;1799815][smilie=b:There are also people who refer to cartridges as "bullets". Some people are best ignored.
, QUOTE]

Well they do contain bullets, till they are fired. :groner:
Let's give a little slack to the uninformed. WE weren't always so perfect in our grammar, come to think of it we still aren't.

oneokie
08-04-2012, 11:51 AM
[smilie=b:There are also people who refer to cartridges as "bullets". Some people are best ignored.

Don't forget the ones who call boolits/bullets heads or tips.:killingpc

turtlezx
08-04-2012, 12:21 PM
have ben dealing with dagammo lately
web site shows most primers in stock. But when you log into your account the availablity of primers changes. Very few in stock ended up ordering sm pistol mag primers because no standard ones in stock. $22 per 1k $25 haz mat fee.
dominic said more primers due in anytime now . you just need to keep checking
after logging in for availablity of primers to be correct

sm pistol per 5k--------------- $97.50 outta stock
sm pistol mag 5k--------------$110.00 instock

all primers are TULA

Piedmont
08-04-2012, 01:05 PM
I just read something within the past week in regards to the .45 Long Colt. I think it was in an old Blackpowder Cartridge News and there was mention of a VERY old box of factory ammo marked .45 Long Colt by the factory on the box.

Maybe folks more than 100 years ago knew more about the issue than modern gun enthusiasts.

hydraulic
08-05-2012, 08:44 PM
In 1875 the U.S. Army adopted the single action .45 Colt revolver and also the .45 S&W Schofield revolver. The cartridge for the S&W was shorter than the cartridge for the Colt, and, since the S&W could not chamber the longer cartridge the army adopted the S&W cartridge for use in both pistols. Still, the longer .45 Colt cartridge remained in production, and it became common to refer to the .45 short and .45 long. For some reason, the longer cartridge came to be refered to as the .45 long Colt.

Idaho Sharpshooter
08-07-2012, 06:04 PM
Since I saw boxes of Frankford Arsenal ammunition marked .45 Long (for Colt) at Elmer Keiths home many years ago, and heard him refer to it as that; I will side with him.

The designation "Long Colt" was a matter of life and death in the 1870's-1880's if you were a soldier in the 10th (iirc) Cavalry in Arizona. They were issued Schofields for several years, and the longer cartridge, meant for the SAA, would not fit in the shorter cylindered S&Ws.

The 45 Long Colt cartridge was never out of production at FA, since the Schofields were withdrawn from service in the early 1880's.

It is one of the longer-lived controversies, and still has legs.

Rich
Sua Sponte

1Shirt
08-07-2012, 08:33 PM
Some can't be educated regardless of how hard ya try!
1Shirt!

Swede44mag
08-08-2012, 05:39 PM
God didn't call it "long" when he invented it. I don't know why everyone else thinks they should.

Gear

I get into arguments with a lot of folks that call or label them as 45 Long Colt.
I try to tell them the difference but some people don't want to change.:guntootsmiley:

Longwood
08-08-2012, 06:11 PM
Since I saw boxes of Frankford Arsenal ammunition marked .45 Long (for Colt) at Elmer Keiths home many years ago, and heard him refer to it as that; I will side with him.

Sua Sponte

I have heard them and or read of them, called Long Colt since I was a kid.
I sure don't want people mistakenly thinking I shoot the bouncy bean, 45 Colt Auto, so it still works for me.

troyboy
08-08-2012, 06:39 PM
Really makes no difference.

km101
08-09-2012, 04:39 PM
Call it what yu want. As long as you and the person you are talking with understand, than it all goodE I gave up tryin' to stamp out ignorance a long time ago :P

km101
08-09-2012, 04:40 PM
I also gorgot how to type a long time ago.