PDA

View Full Version : Looking for shooting buddies.

Sasquatch-1
08-01-2012, 07:25 AM
Anyone in the area of Hagerstown, Md., Winchester, Va. or Martinsburg/Charles Town, WV, that would be interested in getting together sometime to shoot? :Fire:

I am primarely a pistol shooter and BP rifle shooter.

44man
08-01-2012, 07:57 AM
Yes, I live in Harpers Ferry. PM on the way.

44man
08-01-2012, 01:22 PM
Bobthenailer also PM'd me but I am having trouble sending an answer.
All are welcome if I can just get hold of you.

9.3X62AL
08-01-2012, 01:43 PM
Ah, this is cool! Bit of a drive for me, though..... :)

Sasquatch-1
08-01-2012, 02:00 PM
Ah, this is cool! Bit of a drive for me, though..... :)

Don't you have a helicopter or private jet at your disposal like some gunshop owners on TV? [smilie=1: :D

44man
08-01-2012, 02:26 PM
Don't you have a helicopter or private jet at your disposal like some gunshop owners on TV? [smilie=1: :D
Now that cracks me up! [smilie=l: Ever notice the cost? Some stuff I would do for a bottle. :holysheep

waksupi
08-01-2012, 04:10 PM
They are around. I have some friends that occasionally come in their private jet from Canada, to go shooting.

BD
08-01-2012, 06:13 PM
An area I traveled through many times, north/south and east/west. But, that little chunk of Maryland always kept the desire to move along on out of there foremost in my mind.
BD

Sasquatch-1
08-01-2012, 08:59 PM
An area I traveled through many times, north/south and east/west. But, that little chunk of Maryland always kept the desire to move along on out of there foremost in my mind.
BD

I use to live in Montgomery county MD. Then I wised up and moved to WV.

44man
08-02-2012, 10:31 AM
Still bad. When I had to transfer here to Dulles with UAL, I looked at VA. I said take me across the border to WV. This is crazy, taxes were more then house payments.
My property taxes the first year was $250 and it has climbed since but does nor come close to VA or MD.

Sasquatch-1
08-02-2012, 08:03 PM
Still bad. When I had to transfer here to Dulles with UAL, I looked at VA. I said take me across the border to WV. This is crazy, taxes were more then house payments.
My property taxes the first year was $250 and it has climbed since but does nor come close to VA or MD.

My property tax on twice the house is half as much. My biggest complaint is the cost of being on public water and sewer. What I pay in a month is what I use to pay in a quarter. A lot of friends used the old line "but you have personal property tax on your vehicles." My response to that is "Yeah, but they go down every year".

nicholst55
08-03-2012, 11:39 PM

I moved from Harford County to South Korea for four years. I'm in Free America (Arizona) now.

44man
08-04-2012, 08:34 AM
I moved from Harford County to South Korea for four years. I'm in Free America (Arizona) now.
Isn't there a different sun out there? :kidding:

Sasquatch-1
08-04-2012, 09:11 AM

Harford cty compared to Mongomery county is like Az to Ca.:-P

daniel lawecki
08-04-2012, 09:25 AM
Anyone in toledo ohio area or southern mich wanting to shoot drop me a pm

44man
08-04-2012, 10:07 AM
Anyone in toledo ohio area or southern mich wanting to shoot drop me a pm
How I wish. I am from Ohio and hunted Resthaven Wildlife area for years. Blue Hole area. We snuck in as kids and caught trout but they tasted like mud. Almost got caught once! :holysheep
I remember driving past Plum Brook and seeing HERDS of huge bucks on the other side of the fence.
We were always in the Sandusky area. Not far from Toledo.
We would drive south to Delaware and then clear to Pymatuning in one day.
Not an inch of Ohio we were not hunting, or fishing. I had farms all over the state to hunt. Best people ever.

1Shirt
08-12-2012, 11:40 AM
44Man, reading your thread brought back memories of when I was stationed at Fr.Richie, lived on top of the mt. in Blue Ridge. Our house was less than 200 yds from the Apalachen trail, and I hunted grouse, and bushy tails on south mountain.
Knew a lot of people in Hagerstown, Chambersberg, etc. and it was a good time in my life.
1Shirt!

1Shirt
08-12-2012, 11:45 AM
44 Man, Also used to give tours to Boy Scouts of Gettysberg, Sharpsberg, and Harpers Ferry. Many, many times stood at Jefferson Rock on top by the cemetary and imagined Jefferson doing the same. In the cemetary, one fall day, there was a flat headstone on the ground covered with leaves. My wife swept the leaves away, and the inscription dated early 1800's said "Stranger smile as you pass by, as you are now, so once was I". Has always stuck with me.
1Shirt1

44man
08-12-2012, 03:05 PM
44 Man, Also used to give tours to Boy Scouts of Gettysberg, Sharpsberg, and Harpers Ferry. Many, many times stood at Jefferson Rock on top by the cemetary and imagined Jefferson doing the same. In the cemetary, one fall day, there was a flat headstone on the ground covered with leaves. My wife swept the leaves away, and the inscription dated early 1800's said "Stranger smile as you pass by, as you are now, so once was I". Has always stuck with me.
1Shirt1
Wonderful to work with the Scouts.
That inscription moves me.
I miss all the wonderful people I knew and we have good people here in WV too. Sadly many are gone over the years or we got too far apart. We remember each other, think of each other but time and distance takes us apart.
We had a motto in Ohio when hunting or shooting. Leave nothing behind, do no damage, do not walk in crops and treat farmers as your best friends. We were even allowed to sleep in their homes or bring campers. Nobody will ever know this today. I had farms from where I lived in northern Ohio clear to the river and east to west to hunt on.
You are a person I would love to meet.

camotruck
08-15-2012, 11:22 PM
I'm 20 min. East of Hagerstown. Right down the road in Frederick.

Camo