PDA

View Full Version : RCBS customer service

PB234
07-31-2012, 02:31 PM
Called RCBS and said I had a problem with a shell holder I just purchased. Woman in customer service asked for my name and address and a few days later a new shell holder is in my mail box. No questions asked. No charge for the shell holder.

I really like RCBS equipment and now I really like their customer service.

dauntlessdave
07-31-2012, 07:11 PM
I've had great luck with RCBS and Hornady although I think that Dillon's customer service has set the bar so high that the others have had to follow suit or be left in the dust. It's a godsend for all us who reload that's for sure.

troyboy
07-31-2012, 07:18 PM
RCBS was around long before Dillion. They have always been the leader and all others have had to follow their lead.

LUBEDUDE
07-31-2012, 08:10 PM
My hat is off to them as well.

Not too long ago I pulled out some old 44 mag dies that haven't seen use in over 20 years. Somehow the decapping stem - (holder) was bent. They sent a new one free of charge. It turned out that the threads did not fit the die. So they sent the correct one out the second time (free) and did not want the first one back.

That is service!

H.Callahan
07-31-2012, 08:39 PM
RCBS was around long before Dillion. They have always been the leader and all others have had to follow their lead. Amen!!

novalty
08-01-2012, 06:37 AM
Have had a similar experience with RCBS. Purchased a RockChucker II at garage sale, basically new in the box. When I got it set up I noticed the primer catcher was missing the small piece that connects both side. Went on their website to find a replacement, and couldn't find it. So sent a online question to them asking where I could buy. Within a couple hours I got an email response that one was in the mail to me. They sent a new primer catcher assembly, and I got it in a couple days from California to Maine.

r1kk1
08-01-2012, 10:19 AM
They have been a great company. I've had some custom dies made over the years and very patient on working out details that creep up. I wish their website was easier to use.

Take care

r1kk1

A pause for the COZ
08-01-2012, 11:19 AM
I just called them yesterday.
I have a new hopper for my UNI-Flow, A bigger stripper for my Primer Pocket swage tool. ( so it can be used on my LEE classic cast press) A new leveling foot for my 505 scale. And some screws for my APS strip primer.

All free of charge.

craig61a
08-01-2012, 11:24 AM
1+ RCBS stuff is generally higher priced when compared to other vendors, but the customer service is above and beyond... I love that about RCBS.

Flyperk
08-01-2012, 11:30 AM
I recently requested pricing on several parts that were missing from some piggyback unit I just purchased. It appeared the previous owner (Gunstore that closed) had removed several parts for whatever reason.
I expected to pay for these parts but the customer service rep sent them all (over 20 parts) for free for warranty repair/replacement.
I have used RCBS for 30 years or so and will continue to do so not because they have the best equipment but because they have the best customer service. THANK YOU RCBS!!!!

A pause for the COZ
08-01-2012, 04:23 PM
I have not purchased any real high buck stuff from them. Lots of used stuff that they supplied parts for free of charge.

But I have tried to return the favor. So far this year, I ordered the case activated linkage for the Uni-Flow $70, 3 powder through expanders for the Uniflow $30, 1 new shell plate $29, Powder check die $29 and a bullet feed die $29.
Holy cow thats still about $190, No wonder the wife get mad [smilie=s:

GBertolet
08-01-2012, 04:57 PM
I called RCBS about several parts for my Green Machine, and they sent them all for free. A second time I called about bulged cases on loaded ammo, in my 22 Hornet #3 Ruger. They determined I had the expander ball for .223 bullets when using .224 bullets, which was the cause. They sent me a new .224 decapper and expander ball assembly at no charge. The testimonials on this forum and others about the customer service of RCBS, is more cost effective for them than any advertising would be. Going green is good!