PDA

View Full Version : looking for

Beekeeper
07-30-2012, 06:35 PM
We used to be able to buy shooting jackets and shirts with the padded shoulders.
Often were found in military surplus stores.
Have not been able to find any and need one or more as My shoulder has a bone spur ( diagnosed today)
Can still shoot I am told but need padded jacket or shirt.
Tried a Past protector and can't keep it up high enough on the shoulder.
Anyone got any ideas where they still sell the old mil surp shirts and jackets or new ones for that matter?

beekeeper

Blacksmith
07-30-2012, 06:51 PM
Beekeeper,

The Civilian Marksmanship Program CMP sell basic shooting coats similar to the old military ones. Here is a link to a picture and description of one:
https://estore.odcmp.com/store/catalog/catalog.aspx?pg=product&ID=827-B011-R/M&item=&sfv=&cat=EQA&desc=&udc=&mct=&vndr=&ba=&pmin=&pmax=&note1=&note2=&note3=&note4=&note5=&max=#

And here is a link to their E-Store index where it lists all the sizes:
https://estore.odcmp.com/store/catalog/catalog.aspx?pg=catalogList&cat=EQA

Hope this helps.

Dragoon 45
07-30-2012, 06:59 PM
Champion's Choice sells them also but they are pricey.

http://www.champchoice.com/cat-Coats-337.aspx

I have been trying to find an OD Green USMC issue shooting jacket for years. My local surplus stores tell me they haven't seen them since the early 90's.

We used to be able to buy shooting jackets and shirts with the padded shoulders.
Often were found in military surplus stores.
Have not been able to find any and need one or more as My shoulder has a bone spur ( diagnosed today)
Can still shoot I am told but need padded jacket or shirt.
Tried a Past protector and can't keep it up high enough on the shoulder.
Anyone got any ideas where they still sell the old mil surp shirts and jackets or new ones for that matter?

beekeeper

canyon-ghost
07-30-2012, 07:26 PM
Ed Harris at Cast Bullet Association posted this about 3 years ago:

http://www.militarylogisticsmfg.com/p0001460.html

U.S.M.C. SHOOTING JACKET
NIGHT DESERT (ANTI-STARLIGHT) 50/50 NYLON/COTTON
MATERIAL: 50/50 NYLON/COTTON
NSN 8415-082-2888
RIGHT HANDED REGULAR
#2489-XXL.....$69.95

clodhopper
07-31-2012, 12:27 AM
There is a lady near me who makes custom shooting jackets, styled after the Marine Corps surplus . she can make them to fit, larger sizes, longer arms, or the other way. If you are intrested send a PM, and I will track down her contact info.

Ramar
07-31-2012, 07:19 AM
Beekeeper,
I've had a similar problem and started out with shooting jackets that I felt were just too bulky, hot and restrictive. My simple and cheap solution was cutting a high density foam rubber 1/2" thick pad the shape of the butt stock and use a strip of double sided tape to adhere it in position. I never think about pain or a jacket pad slipping any longer, just the target. I remove it when finished for the day and place a piece of wax paper over the double sided tape until next outing. I only remove it because it's not original to the rifle.
Ramar

Sasquatch-1
07-31-2012, 07:52 AM
I ran a quick search and came up with over 3,000,000 hits. Amazon, Cabelas, Optics World...

runfiverun
07-31-2012, 10:09 AM
Bob Allen...

clintsfolly
07-31-2012, 10:43 AM
Check out the shooting jacket by Simms Limbsaver I have one and use it all the time! Having had three shoulder surgery's and shooting big bores it helps a lot. Clint

429421Cowboy
08-01-2012, 01:02 AM
I have a USMC padded shooting jacket that is about the best thing since cotton socks!
I have never seen one in a surplus store, i was given mine from my mother. She got it from a Marine she dated in college when she also taught ROTC service rifle and pistol markmanship and he thought she should have it! 30 years later i came along and happened to be lucky enough to get it from her.
I used it just last week sighting in a friends new .338 and it really takes the whump out of shooting my 7 mag enough to get good!

Firebricker
08-03-2012, 08:26 PM
Beekeeper, A friend has one for his son that goes over what ever your wearing I tried it and was surprised at the difference. I will get the brand name for you tomorrow. FB