PDA

View Full Version : Fun day shooting.

44man
07-30-2012, 08:38 AM
Friends came to shoot and my friends son would not shoot my .500 JRH until I talked him into it. He is pretty big. He centered the steel at 50 yards first shot and then would not quit. He burned a pile of my loads. Nothing but a big grin.
Then another was shooting an AR, trying to sight it. No luck, then was reminded he had a laser. He turned it on and blasted a stump. Something flew off the gun, it was the BSA red dot. The screws got loose and the two parted company! :mrgreen:
I have the job of fixing it and sighting it plus two other guns. Going to be a busy day!

41 mag fan
07-30-2012, 09:01 AM
Amazing how people fear the 500 just due to the catridge size till they shoot it.....the addiction sets in from there on!!
I've had nothing but trouble with BSA red dots over the years. In fact, I've got 2 out back in the woods, where I threw them. One just wouldn't hold sight, no matter what i tried, The other kept doing the same as the one on the AR, kept coming loose, so it got a good chuck into the woods also.

44man
07-30-2012, 09:41 AM
Amazing how people fear the 500 just due to the catridge size till they shoot it.....the addiction sets in from there on!!
I've had nothing but trouble with BSA red dots over the years. In fact, I've got 2 out back in the woods, where I threw them. One just wouldn't hold sight, no matter what i tried, The other kept doing the same as the one on the AR, kept coming loose, so it got a good chuck into the woods also.
I love your thinking! :bigsmyl2:
Like the time Craftsman water pump pliers got me. I must have thrown the things 100 yards! [smilie=s: