PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone have a Weaver chart that shows radii??

klcarroll
07-29-2012, 05:40 PM
Hi

Does anyone have a Weaver application chart that will let one look up a base number using the bottom radius as a criteria??

....Maybe I'm getting stupid, but I haven't found that capability on their website.

Kent

largom
07-29-2012, 07:14 PM
I have seen charts on hole spacing but nothing on radii.

Larry

Mk42gunner
07-29-2012, 07:20 PM
Kent,

I remember seeing a chart that had base radius, hole spacing and overall length; but I don't know where. It was several computers ago, so I don't have it saved on this one.

Robert

klcarroll
07-29-2012, 08:44 PM
Kent,

I remember seeing a chart that had base radius, hole spacing and overall length; but I don't know where. It was several computers ago, so I don't have it saved on this one.

Robert

Well, ......Thanks to you and Largom for the response! ......At least I know I'm not going senile when I can't find the info on-line!

Kent

Doc Highwall
07-29-2012, 09:07 PM
The radius on the bottom of the base has to be smaller then the radius on the reciever or the base will rock.

shotman
07-29-2012, 09:16 PM
call weaver

Reg
07-29-2012, 09:20 PM
Find anything, please post it. It's a good question.

Junior1942
07-30-2012, 07:29 AM
Find anything, please post it. It's a good question.Bump.

klcarroll
08-14-2012, 05:40 PM
Well, .......I finally received a response from my written inquiry to Weaver:

“Kent,

Thank you for your inquiry. Sorry but we do not cross reference our fit charts by radius or other spec's.

Thanks for thinking of Weaver
Jim Rex
Weaver Technical Services”

Perhaps I expected too much; ….But this reply dumbfounds me!

We live in a day when the average cell phone has more computing power onboard than Apollo 11 did: ......And Weaver doesn"t have their bases in a simple Excel spreadsheet that would allow for a "sort by radius"!!!!!!!! [smilie=b:[smilie=b:[smilie=b:

Kent

Mk42gunner
08-15-2012, 01:09 AM
Unbelievable......

I'll try to remember to look through some of my gunsmithing books; it may have been in one of them instead of online that I saw the chart I am thinking of.

As I remember there weren't a lot of different radii, or however you spell it.

Robert

GabbyM
08-15-2012, 03:30 AM
FYI

Between ten to fifteen years ago most machine shops and corps started to tighten up on information. Can’t tell you how many papers I’ve signed as a simple shop machinist concerning confidentiality and in general not even telling customers of the parts we made for them anything. To further explain. In some cases your customer doesn’t know how you manufacture the parts they buy from you. If they do know then they can more easily bid them out from under you. That would be after you spent tens of thousands of dollars figuring out how to make them.

Blue prints now days laying next to your machine now have a stamp saying controlled document. Which means if you walk out the door with it or photo it with your cell phone then instantly send it to someone you will be charged with theft.

What I’m getting at is a call to a shop like Weaver asking for any kind of info probably scares the receiver of that call. Only safe play for an employee is to, as sergeant Shultz would say, I know nothing.

Those two companies that had me signing all that binding document paper are all but gone now. Everything they had up and running was mostly stolen and shifted to China. Company can’t grow when all there successes are stolen out from under them. i.e. any fool can reverse engineer a part. That’s why we are supposed to have patent law. I do not, BTW, blame the Chinese. They just work hard and take advantage of crooked politicians in a foreign nation. If we are so stupid we can’t clean up our politics it’s our own darn fault.

OzzieDoc
08-15-2012, 07:57 AM
Brownells list some of them in their "Cheat Sheets" Weaver Company mount base specifications.

Just looked again. They actually list all of the specs in separate sections.

Rojelio
08-15-2012, 06:18 PM
http://www.brownells.com/.aspx/lid=11214/GunTechdetail/W-R-Weaver-Company-Mount-Base-Specifications

klcarroll
08-17-2012, 12:56 PM
YES!!! ......That's what I was looking for!!

Thanks!

Kent

Junior1942
08-17-2012, 03:20 PM
http://www.brownells.com/.aspx/lid=11214/GunTechdetail/W-R-Weaver-Company-Mount-Base-SpecificationsHeck, we should have known it be on Brownells!

Gunor
10-28-2012, 12:26 AM
I don't know if this helps - but try this thread

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?t=159434

Geoff in Oregon