PDA

View Full Version : Golden Boolit Award for Molly

Maven
07-29-2012, 12:21 PM
I wish to nominate our late friend, Molly (Ken Mollohan) for a postumous Golden Boolit Award because of his long, continued, and distinguished service to the entire cast bullet community. As you may know, Ken was one of the founders of the Cast Bullet Association and the latest edition of The Fouling Shot carries the second part of an article he wrote on fluxes/fluxing. John Alexander, the current CBA president wrote this* about Ken:

"As many of you know Molly was one of the two cofounders of the Cast Bullet Association along with Howard Thomas who died in 2006. All of us that enjoy the Cast Bullet Association and what it provides are in his debt."

I think you'll agree that Molly is most deserving of a Golden Boolit Award.

Paul

*A longer, more fitting tribute will be forthcoming.

Dean D.
07-29-2012, 12:27 PM
Great idea Maven! I have forwarded this idea to the Staff area for further consideration.

45nut
07-29-2012, 12:34 PM
I already made it happen, a big part of the cast boolit knowledge base is due to his efforts.

Bloodman14
07-30-2012, 12:35 AM
From what I have been reading, this should have happened a LONG time ago. Just sayin'.

geargnasher
07-30-2012, 12:47 AM
From what I have been reading, this should have happened a LONG time ago. Just sayin'.

I was thinking the same thing, but didn't realize non-staff could make such suggestions. I'll keep that in mind in the future, I believe people should know how others feel about them while they're alive instead of waiting until they're gone.

Gear

Le Loup Solitaire
07-30-2012, 01:26 AM
Let it not be forgotten that some of Molly's work and contributions were classic to the field and appeared in "The Art of Bullet Casting" along with the best efforts of the icons that wrote landmark works that are to this day considered the foundations of what we practice today. LLS

runfiverun
09-05-2012, 07:07 PM
i was re-reading an article ken wrote yesterday.
it is in the lyman cast bullet handloaders guide,,, 3rd edition. yeah the good one.

MakeMineA10mm
09-11-2012, 12:17 AM
Let it not be forgotten that some of Molly's work and contributions were classic to the field and appeared in "The Art of Bullet Casting" along with the best efforts of the icons that wrote landmark works that are to this day considered the foundations of what we practice today. LLS

Awesome. I had no idea I was chatting with a legend, and am even more impressed now. I just knew he was darn-smart and a genuinely nice gentlemanly guy. I'm really glad to see Ken made his Golden Bullet Award happen. Thanks, Ken.

mroliver77
09-12-2012, 12:22 AM
Dang!
I have taken most of this summer off from CB and did not know we lost him. He taught me a lot through his posts here.
Jay