PDA

View Full Version : Case Cleaning Article Updated

texasmac
07-28-2012, 08:34 PM
Hey guys,

Many months ago I authored and posted an article on my web site discussing case cleaning with ultrasonic versus a tumbler with ceramic media. I just a added a detail discussion on using stainless steel pins in a tumbler. It worked great and is the method I will be using from now on for all BPCR calibers, and also for all my smokeless handgun and rifle calibers. If you’re interested in more details click on the following link.

http://www.texas-mac.com/Case_Cleaning_Ultrasonic_vs_Tumbler_with_Ceramic_M edia_Tumbler_with_Stainless_Steel_Pins.html

Wayne

Ed in North Texas
07-31-2012, 10:30 PM
I bit the boolit and tried the pins. Wow - clean primer pockets, cases clean inside and out. What's not to like? My old tumbler isn't the fast Thumler's, but it does the same job in more time. :-)

Ed

Update: Just read your web page. So far I've used the pins on .50-70, 12.7x44R. .375 H&H and .300 Savage cases, decapped in a decapping die before cleaning and BP cases - some soaked (right in at the range), some just straight into the tumbler after getting home. All came out super clean. Used Lemishine (reasonable at Wally World) and cheap dishwashing detergent with plain water. Dried the cases by putting them on a dark towel out in the Texas sun for a while. Dried quickly in April and May. Winter time I'll have to do something else.