PDA

View Full Version : Its that time again...

dk17hmr
05-05-2007, 09:35 PM
For garage sales, today after a morning turkey hunt, my dad and I went to a garage sale.

Right away I saw what I needed and looked it over, a nice Ice auger, hand crank style, I new I was buying it. The gent that was having this sale also had a CZ 52 in 7.62x25 for sale with ammo, holster, mags, for $100. I talked to the guy for a little while and asked "If I buy this little pistol from you what are the chances that ice auger is going with it."

So I went home with this pistol 150 rounds of ammo, holster , 2 mags, an Ice auger, and spare blades for 2 $50 bills.

Need brass dies and a bullet mold. Should be a fun little plinker/rabbit hunting pistol

MT Gianni
05-06-2007, 01:13 AM
Nice going, Doug. Gianni.

9.3X62AL
05-06-2007, 01:25 AM
Doug--

I am the Self-Appointed President For Life of the 7.62 x 25 Proliferation Committee For The Entire Known World. All 76 square kilometers of it. Let me know what I can help with--stealing wheelweights from Yugos and Pintos, reforming 223 brass for the CZ-52, anything cheep and tawdry like that.

BigSlick
05-06-2007, 02:15 AM
Doug--

I am the Self-Appointed President For Life of the 7.62 x 25 Proliferation Committee For The Entire Known World. All 76 square kilometers of it. Let me know what I can help with--stealing wheelweights from Yugos and Pintos, reforming 223 brass for the CZ-52, anything cheep and tawdry like that.

That's commitment right there ;)

Congrats on a great find DK. :drinks:

All the garage sales around here are full of baby clothes and household stuff. I've never seen anything even remotely related to shooting or reloading at any of the ones I've been to in the last few years.

I read about others finding great stuff and wonder if everyone around here just holds on to their stuff, or sells it on the 'net instead.
________
Lovely Wendie99 (http://www.lovelywendie99.com/)

Scrounger
05-06-2007, 10:38 AM
I sort of echo your sentiments, Big Slick. Seems like that around here too but I hear stories in the gun shops that let me know that there iare some good gun stuff buys out there. I'm tending to think those people who find the great deals earned them. They probably go to 40 stinking garage sales with nothing there but junk before they find the Mother Lode. Every now and then I decide to do the garage sale circuit but after 8 or 10 dry wells, watching my gas guage get lower and lower, I say to Hell with it and go home to watch the ball game. I'm lazy; they deserve their finds.

dk17hmr
05-06-2007, 02:18 PM
A guy can make 7.62x25 out of 223 brass?

Seeing my dad and I have about 20,000 empty 223/5.56 in the reloading room that would save me alot of money on buying Starline brass.

Scrounger
05-06-2007, 04:51 PM
A guy can make 7.62x25 out of 223 brass?

Seeing my dad and I have about 20,000 empty 223/5.56 in the reloading room that would save me alot of money on buying Starline brass.

You can buy new brass from Starline. I have about 700 rounds of old military ammo in 10 round clips. It's probably corrosive, it's probably Berdan, but it's also cheap: $75 shipped.

9.3X62AL
05-07-2007, 12:48 AM
223 brass can make passable casings for the 7.62 x 25, AKA 30 Mauser. The cases will he about .012" undersized diametrically, but will work fairly well. The Starline cases are a far better idea. Figure about 2 minutes' time+ EACH to reform--file trim--chamber and debur a case. TOTAL PITA.

When I began loading this caliber in 1989, I reformed 500 9mm Win Mag cases with the sizer die and file trim die. Labor intensive as hell, but that's all that was available--unless you could find (and afford) Fiocchi ammunition. I still have about 175 of the 9mm Mag-based cases around here, with at least 20 reloads on them. They are getting a little raggedy around the case rims.