PDA

View Full Version : S&W Shield 9mm

Jal5
07-25-2012, 11:12 PM
Picked up my Shield today from LGS, a late birthday present to myself!
Looking forward to making up some 9mm boolits for it, like a kid with a new toy at Christmas.

My wife picked it up for the first time today and wanted to know if this wasn't a CCW present for her- I may need to get her on a waiting list for one now.
8-)

Jal5
08-08-2012, 11:26 AM
So far tried some cheap European ammo which this gun didn't like too much.
Then tried my handloads with Berrys plated bullet over BE and that was pretty good.
Next up will by my own boolits the 09-115RN using range scrap +tin and see how good I can get my groups. This is a fun gun, very easy to shoot, very comfortable in the hand, I just need a CC holster for it.
Joe

wrench
08-08-2012, 12:51 PM
Thanks for the report. I haven't even seen one of these in real life, yet. Looks like a great little carry piece, I really want to shoot one and see if I like it.

crossdraw
08-09-2012, 06:41 PM
You shouldn't have a difficult time find a holster. I believe S&W sported a few models to holster makers during launch phase so they would be prepared for the rush..

doghawg
08-09-2012, 07:53 PM
I got a 9mm Shield a month ago and am pleased with it. Function has been flawless with factory loads and with handloaded JHP's. This gun conceals easily and is about as small and compact as I'd want to go. A chum of mine got one in .40 and I was surprised at how comfortable it was to shoot.
The only holster I've got for it so far is the cheap DeSantis Soft tuck which works out quite well for me, especially considering the price.
http://www.midwayusa.com/product/158593?cm_vc=S014