PDA

View Full Version : New pistol delemma (SP)

NSP64
07-24-2012, 09:27 PM
OK I want a new pistol before the idiots in the capitol ban them.
Stopped by a gun shop and played with them. I fondled a S&W M&p series, Springfield Croatian series, Berlin series, and Brazilian series. All were the latest and greatest in compact models.

I was real keen on springfields until I handled them, all of them seem flat and square. I really liked the PT145 Pro model. It seemed to 'fit' my hand better. Anyone have one? Concealment wise they all seem the same size.

Walt
07-24-2012, 09:30 PM
Of the three mentioned, if the XD is too square.....get the M&P.

Pete P
07-24-2012, 11:00 PM
Don't forget to look at Glock. I test fired a XD in 9mm. My hand would not depress the grip safety unless I put a little effort in it.

jrayborn
07-26-2012, 10:02 PM
I own 2 Springfield XD's in .45, 3 Glocks in .45 two in 9mm and one in .40 cal. My opinion is any of the guns you have described will serve you well. If you buy only one, stick to Glock, Springfield, or S&W or Glock (did I mention Glock?). The Taurus will come with good customer service in the more likely (than the others) event you need to send it in for warranty repair.

My high opinion of Glock pistols is that they work. Now are there instances that they have had issues? Of course. But statistically, they work well. Additional positives are that police turn in's (used glocks) are very inexpensive and an outstanding value. Some shops offer used Glock 22's for under $370. Finally there is a vast network that supply both factory replacement parts and aftermarket parts at reasonable prices.

No matter what you buy, don't forget to invest in your lifetime supply of standard capacity (15+ rounds) before the next round of government intervention.

revwitha9
07-26-2012, 10:13 PM
If you are set on a poly frame gun, the Glock has the best trigger. But, in my opinion, the M&P beats them all in ergonomics. But unless you are set on a poly frame, you may want to take a look at a CZ!

Pat I.
07-26-2012, 10:49 PM
Check out a Ruger SR9c or SR40c. I have the 9 and it's a pretty nice pistol. Fits my hand well and shoots better than it should. Never been a fan of Ruger handguns but they did this one right.

375RUGER
07-26-2012, 11:12 PM
I had a millenium PT140 pro for a short time. Got rid of it because it shot patterns and not groups, at 18':shock: When I say patterns, I mean 1 out of a full mag might hit the paper.
I must have gotten a bad one. I'm sure I did cause no one would buy Taurus if they all shot like this. This is just my experience with it.
Other than not accurate it wasn't a bad gun and I would have kept it.

rintinglen
07-27-2012, 02:54 AM
My preference is for the S&W, as I much prefer the feel of those guns, but I have been very impressed with the Ruger LC9. It is a much more concealable gun than any Glock or Springfield and the two that I have shot have both been reliable and reasonably accurate (3-4" group at 15 yards, two hands, slow fire).
I also was impressed by the larger Ruger SR9C. It is not as nice in the hand as the S&W's are, but still better than the Glocks and Springfields. The one I fired was reliable in limited testing went bang every time and seem to be as accurate as the range reloads would let it be.

rexherring
07-27-2012, 09:43 AM
Just picked up a PT 145 this week but haven't had a chance to shoot it yet. I did buy it due to the good fit in my hand and 10 round mags.

Lloyd Smale
07-27-2012, 09:56 AM
another vote for a M&P if not a glock.