PDA

View Full Version : Molly (CBA Co-Founder) has passed

Molly
07-24-2012, 04:06 PM
Hello everyone.

First off, I don't know which forum is the most appropriate for this so I'm posting this here. Second, this isn’t “Molly” but rather his oldest son. The reason I’ve logged into his account is that I’m afraid that I have some bad news. Molly was diagnosed w/ pancreatic cancer a few weeks ago. Since then, his health has deteriorated to the point that he requires hospice care and I’m certain that everyone knows what that means. I assure you that this is not a joke or a troll post.

I wanted to let everyone know what was going on so that you would not think that he was ignoring anyone. He very much loved guns, the culture and the people who shared it. He enjoyed teaching children and my GF’s how to shoot and loved to watch them progress. He was an adamant supporter of the 2nd Amendment and the NRA.

I’ll most likely be posting under this avatar in the future but I felt the need to inform the community of his status. If you would like to make a contribution in his name, I’m certain that he would want it to be to the NRA.

Thank you for your time.

Sincerely,

Molly’s Son.

Finster101
07-24-2012, 04:17 PM
I'm very sorry to hear this news. I enjoyed his posts and appreciated his willingness to share his knowledge. I wish you the best in this difficult time.

James

No_1
07-24-2012, 04:46 PM
Hello "Molly's Son",

I am sure I speak for many members when I say we are very sorry to hear of Molly's condition. I hope during his remaining time he is comfortable and surrounded by those that mean the most to him. If there is anything I can do please contact me via PM. God speed Molly.

Robert

kbstenberg
07-24-2012, 04:52 PM
I am sorry to hear the bad news! He will be missed.
My prayers go out for him and his family.
Kevin

EDK
07-24-2012, 05:33 PM
I am truly sorry to hear this news. Your dad is a valued member of the family here. Prayers out bound for him and the family.

My dad died in hospice in 1998. Cancer, bad heart, the retained fluid situation where they drain you at the hospital every couple weeks and then more often as you go down hill. Those who have seen it know what I mean...not good.

Dad was in bed and wanted to sit up. Mom tried to stop him, but he persisted and then my uncle came over and helped him sit up. He looked around for a minute or two....and then he was gone. IF you get in a similar situation, you might want to remember this...and give him that last little wish.

God Bless all of you in this

geargnasher
07-24-2012, 05:45 PM
Ouch. He will be greatly missed in many ways around here. He will leave quite a legacy of knowledge in his posts, and I'm sure he has left a fine one in life.

Gear

Mooseman
07-24-2012, 05:50 PM
I am deeply saddened to hear this news.
I Pray his suffering won't be more than he can bear and Strength for him and the Family in this difficult time.

Rich

fishnbob
07-24-2012, 05:50 PM
My Dad died with pancreatic cancer at the age of 57. I lost my best friend and hunting & fishing pal. It is the worst thing I ever had to endure. My prayers are with you, I know how you & your family feel. Go to the Lord with your burdens and he will lighten the load. God bless y'all.

Prayerfully, Bob.

waksupi
07-24-2012, 06:04 PM
This is sad news. Molly is retired staff here, and is thought very highly of. I do hope he has some comfort.

Blacksmith
07-24-2012, 06:34 PM
Molly is part of our family too. If there is anything he or you need a post on this sight will bring amazing support. He and his personal family will be in the prayers of his extended family.

Posted with tears on the keyboard.

JonB_in_Glencoe
07-24-2012, 07:19 PM
Oh no, he is very much respected here.
Let us know if there is anything we can do.
Jon

odfairfaxsub
07-24-2012, 07:32 PM
smart man. i read alot of his stuff on bedding and various things. praying for a miracle.

Big Boomer
07-24-2012, 07:40 PM
So sorry to hear this ... God bless!

Trey45
07-24-2012, 07:43 PM
I learned a lot just by reading his past posts. The man was a wealth of knowledge. He will be missed on many different levels. Godspeed Molly.

Recluse
07-24-2012, 08:02 PM
My prayers go out for your father, and for you as well. Witnessing and enduring what you are is not pleasant. I know, I was in your shoes ten years ago. Mercifully, it was fairly quick and the doctors managed the pain magnificently--but the final few days were the hardest of all.

Your father will be remembered fondly and with great admiration around here and elsewhere in the firearms and proud patriot communities.

:coffee:

STP22
07-24-2012, 08:10 PM
Tell your father that we love and respect him to the highest degree.

Fondest regards,

Scott

MtGun44
07-24-2012, 08:11 PM
Please pass on how much his pleasant manner and great knowledge was valued and
enjoyed here.

I'm very sorry to hear this news.

Bill

Olevern
07-24-2012, 08:19 PM
Prayers for your father and the family. We've all been there and there are few words which can appropriately express our feeling and best wishes when faced with situations like this. Molly has been an icon here and will be greatly missed. Please let us know if there is anything we can do and do keep us informed.
Blessings,
Olevern

runfiverun
07-24-2012, 09:00 PM
i can't really add anything to what has been said.
ken will sorely be missed here.

Catshooter
07-24-2012, 10:22 PM
All I can do is agree with what has already been said.

Cat

fatnhappy
07-24-2012, 10:52 PM
My family will pray for your entire family.

I know all to well what you're dealing with.

Dean

DIRT Farmer
07-24-2012, 11:22 PM
I had several intersting disucisons with Molly by PM since I joined. It saddens me that I might never get to meet him in person. Our prayers are with Molly and your family.

Alan

Ron r
07-24-2012, 11:32 PM
Sorry to hear will keep him and family
In ore thought and pray for you all

God bless Ron

Dean D.
07-25-2012, 12:57 AM
I just found this thread and I am deeply saddened. The Cast Boolits community will be greatly dimminished without Molly to contribute as he has done so well over the years.

My thoughts and prayers will be with you all during this trying time.

WRideout
07-25-2012, 07:36 AM
Hospice is a wonderful thing, for Molly and family. When my mom passed two years ago, she was in hospice care, and it made the whole process so much better for all of us, although it was still hard.

Wayne

Bret4207
07-25-2012, 07:37 AM
My very sincerest condolences to you all. Having just gone through what you and Molly are, my heart is greatly saddened. I will keep you all in my thoughts and prayers and hope that some comfort will find you.

We'll all see you on the other side one day Molly. Farewell friend.

Wayne Smith
07-25-2012, 09:02 AM
This is truly sad news. Molly's legacy here as a true gentleman and excellent communicator I am sure reflects his character in life as well. He will be greatly missed. My prayers go out to you, his family, and his friends in the flesh. I never had the opportunity to meet him but have respected him from afar for years.

As previously posted, if this community can do anything to help the family through this time let us know.

Dale53
07-25-2012, 09:17 AM
Molly's Son;
Molly was a good friend to me while he was here in the Cincinnati area. We have many things in common and having a friend with his knowledge was much appreciated. I treasure my time with him.

You tell him he is in my prayers - Molly is a GOOD man and we all shall be the poorer for his absence.

Give him my and my wife's best...

Dale53

MT Gianni
07-25-2012, 09:40 AM
I am sorry to hear that. I consider Molly to have a ton of knowledge and was always impressed by his willingness to share it.

EMC45
07-25-2012, 09:47 AM
Prayers have gone up to you and your family and to Molly as well. Godspeed in recovery.

rockrat
07-25-2012, 10:08 AM
Godspeed Molly, you will be missed by many. Brian, know your Dad was well respected around here. Prayers out for the whole family.

blackthorn
07-25-2012, 10:39 AM
There are no adequate words to describe our empathy toward your father and his family but we hope and pray that God will provide guidence for you all through this trying time. God bless!
Ralph and Gail.

Molly
07-25-2012, 10:55 AM
Thank you all for your wishes and prayers. Be assured that he's resting as comfortably as possible. I've relayed to him that the community here is thinking and praying for him.

I'll keep you updated when I can.

~Brian (Molly's son)

Fishman
07-25-2012, 11:40 AM
Brian, I am truly shocked and sorry to hear this news. While I don't know your father at all, I have read many of his posts with great interest. He is obviously a man of great experience and intelligence and is able to communicate that extremely well. I especially enjoyed the thread he started titled something like "why do you know what you know?" which questioned the status quo, and the more light-hearted and entertaining "32 long as a man-stopper", which at it's core also challenged accepted "facts". You are fortunate to have had such a man in your life.

Prayers offered.

gray wolf
07-25-2012, 11:46 AM
I almost didn't read this cause of the header, but I did.
After doing so I find I am greatly saddened to hear this, as I am with everyone that has sad news for us.
I have said a prayer for this fine person.

Boz330
07-25-2012, 12:01 PM
Sorry to hear this, whenever there was a post by Molly it always was worth ready regardless of the topic. I can't add anything to what has already been said but you are in my thoughts and prayers.

Bob

Bill*
07-25-2012, 02:17 PM
A prayer said

Eutectic
07-25-2012, 03:00 PM
This news saddens me greatly...

A year or two ago Molly and I shared PM's on a subject where he was very well versed. No it was even more than that. Molly is just brilliant in his depth of knowledge! Molly will be missed by us all.

May God be with all of you at this time. Please know I pray for you.

Eutectic

Firebricker
07-25-2012, 03:20 PM
Brian,thank you for letting us know this. Molly as you know is very well liked and respected here. I will pray for his comfort and strength for your family through all this. FB

Molly
07-27-2012, 01:20 AM
Hello everyone,

I wanted to inform you that Molly passed away tonight (Tues, 7/26/12) @ 9:50PM (EST). I and his brother were with him at the time. We went to visit him and he was gone in about an hour after we got there. He passed peacefully in his sleep and as comfortable as possible.

As per his wishes, there will be no viewing and just a simple graveside service w/ immediate family and pastor only. He leaves behind 2 sons and a younger brother and sister along w/ 1 niece and 4 nephews.

I and Molly's family appreciate the support and prayers of the community and thank you from the bottom of our hearts.

Sincerely,

~Brian. (Molly’s oldest son)

Red River Rick
07-27-2012, 01:23 AM
Brian:

Our hearts and thoughts are with you and your family at this time. My deepest sympathies.

Rick

Lively Boy
07-27-2012, 01:53 AM
saddened to hear this. my prayers for mollys family.

fatnhappy
07-27-2012, 07:25 AM
Celebrate his life.

Thank you for letting us know. We will pray for you and yours.

Dale53
07-27-2012, 08:54 AM
Brian;
We are diminished...

Our hearts go out to Molly's family. Molly's kindnesses to me will never be forgotten.

Dale53

Recluse
07-27-2012, 10:08 AM
Humble in death as he was in life--the mark of a true man.

He is missed.

:coffee:

bhn22
07-27-2012, 10:21 AM
Brian,

I am profoundly saddened by your loss. Your father was one of my favorite people, and his calm, personable demeanor was an inspiration to all who knew him.

My highest regards,
Bob

StrawHat
07-27-2012, 10:45 AM
A good man gone.

HORNET
07-27-2012, 02:22 PM
Ken will be much missed. He had a great deal of knowledge that he was very willing to share and a tendency to make others think while still being polite. I've greatly enjoyed his writing.
My condolences,
Rick

gnoahhh
07-27-2012, 03:33 PM
The world is a lesser place now. My condolences to the family.

canyon-ghost
07-27-2012, 06:22 PM
I never met him, didn't personally know him. I'd just started reading his articles last summer in Fouling Shot. Now, even I must admit, I'll miss him.

My sympathies to the family.

Ron

No_1
07-27-2012, 07:34 PM
I am sorry to hear of your family's loss but happy to know he was surrounded by those he love. Take care Molly, see you on the other side brother.

fishnbob
07-27-2012, 07:41 PM
REST IN PEACE, friend.

Bob

Alvarez Kelly
07-27-2012, 09:05 PM
Strange... I find tears welling up for a man I never met or spoke with. We communicated via the written word. He was a true gentleman. He will be missed.

My condolences to you and yours.

btroj
07-27-2012, 09:19 PM
The shooting world has suffered a great loss. We are diminished.

slim1836
07-27-2012, 09:51 PM
This community along with his family lost a good man. I will miss his contributions on this board. My condolences to his family and all he affected.

Slim

dragonrider
07-27-2012, 11:38 PM
Condolences to family and friends.

crazy mark
07-28-2012, 12:36 AM
Brian,
Please accept my condolences and remember he isn't hurting anymore. Now make sure the family heals them self also.

Mooseman
07-28-2012, 01:35 AM
Godspeed Molly....Godspeed !

Rich

Blacksmith
07-28-2012, 10:07 AM
Molly it is comforting to know you will be waiting for us on the other side.

walltube
07-28-2012, 11:47 AM
Brian and Family,

Condolences from our house to you and your family with your Dad's passing.

Always a Gentleman in his posts.

wallenba
07-28-2012, 12:06 PM
We are a big family here at castboolits. Even though I have had only a passing exchange with Molly in text, he will be missed. The name 'Molly' is instantly recognized by regular visitors here, as a man of knowledge and experience.

pmeisel
07-28-2012, 04:11 PM
Thanks for filling us in, even though the news is bad. My respect and prayers to a good man.

MT Gianni
07-28-2012, 05:30 PM
RIP Mollly, and thanks for your ability to share knowledge.

Freischütz
07-28-2012, 05:33 PM
I'm sorry to hear of Molly's death. I enjoyed his comments here and his articles in the Fouling Shot. Wish I’d had an opportunity to meet him.

WILCO
07-28-2012, 05:55 PM
I almost didn't read this cause of the header, but I did.

Same here. Sorry to hear of this Brian. Stay strong, be the rock the family clings to. I'll fire off a prayer from this end.

Bob Krack
07-28-2012, 10:51 PM
Brian,
I wish I could have spoken to him before he left us. Condolences and "sorry for you" aren't gonna help your pain (that many of us here share - in a lesser degree than you).

Your father is one of my heroes. I have some property from his father (your grand-father). You now probably have some property that came from me. The only reason in the world I mention this is that I miss your father and I'm not just "reciting the goodbyes".

He is in the creator's hands now. Sadly, I rejoice. Be strong Brian, we are supposed to bury our parents, not the other way around. May he rest in peace... and I think he will.

Bob

dromia
07-29-2012, 01:38 AM
A sad loss indeed.

Thank you Molly for your contribution here you were one of the elders of Cast Boolits. I learned much from your writings.

My thoughts are with you and your family.

Maven
07-29-2012, 08:37 AM
John Alexander, the current Cast Bullet Assoc. president, posted this on the CBA site:

"Molly's son Brian also called me the day before yesterday with the sad news.
I have written a letter to Molly. At the proper time Brian will send me a picture and I will write a notice for the Fouling Shot. As many of you know Molly was one of the two cofounders of the Cast Bullet Association along with Howard Thomas who died in 2006. All of us that enjoy the Cast Bullet Association and what it provides are in his debt."

45nut
07-29-2012, 12:39 PM
Ken and I spoke on the phone a few times, he was indeed a man of skills and knowledge that will be missed here.
We are indeed, diminished.

Dean D.
07-29-2012, 12:43 PM
Rest in Peace Molly, you will be missed here very much.

Brian, my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family and friends. God Bless.

blackthorn
07-29-2012, 04:40 PM
R.I.P. Molly!! Our condolences to the family in this trying time.

SharpsShooter
07-29-2012, 05:12 PM
My heartfelt condolences to Brian and Molly's family.

SS

Ajax
07-30-2012, 05:24 AM
I never got a chance to know him but i cherished his writing. He was a man of true knowledge and as humble as they come. He will be missed.

Andy

gray wolf
07-30-2012, 01:48 PM
My heartfelt condolences to Brian and Molly's family.
R I P my friend, prayers for the family and the soul of our brother.

Bill*
07-30-2012, 10:33 PM
My condolences, Sad to hear

Frank46
07-31-2012, 12:04 AM
I had the honor of exchanging some posts with molly. He will be missed. We are all diminished. Frank

Lance Boyle
07-31-2012, 09:26 PM
Brian and family, you have my deepest sympathies. Cherish the good memories you have of dad. Obviously he was well regarded here and I'm sure there as well.

429421Cowboy
08-01-2012, 01:12 AM
May he rise to the good Lords hands in a smooth trip. Molly had my respect for helping even a punk kid like me in his competant but always humble manor. Prayers are being said right now.

Thank you for the updates and not leaving us to wonder.

God bless,
Cowboy.

wiljen
08-10-2012, 02:53 PM
Molly provided basically all of the cartridge conversion data for castpics and reloaders reference. It was a pleasure working with him on those projects and he will be sorely missed. I am certain he had forgotten more about cartridge conversion and loading for 32 S&W than most will ever know. He obviously loved our chosen sport/hobby and did more than most to advance it. I can only hope that we do half as well at preserving his legacy.

MakeMineA10mm
08-10-2012, 05:09 PM
What sad and horrible news. I had a couple interactions with Ken here, one about .32s (one of his favorite subjects of late it seemed) in which I had the pleasure of being able to mail him a photocopy of an article from an old gun magazine that he didn't have. I think he also was the man who taught me or convinced me of the safety/advocacy of the citric acid cleaning bath for brass.

He was always intelligent, inciteful, humble, reassuring, and pleasant. In other words, a gentleman. I'll always remember and respect him, and I deeply appreciate having the interactions I had with him.

Brian - my dad died from pancreatic cancer almost exactly a year ago. I hate cancer.