PDA

View Full Version : Information on Molly

Molly
07-24-2012, 04:06 PM
Hello everyone.

First off, I don't know which forum is the most appropriate for this so I'm posting this here. Second, this isn’t “Molly” but rather his oldest son. The reason I’ve logged into his account is that I’m afraid that I have some bad news. Molly was diagnosed w/ pancreatic cancer a few weeks ago. Since then, his health has deteriorated to the point that he requires hospice care and I’m certain that everyone knows what that means. I assure you that this is not a joke or a troll post.

I wanted to let everyone know what was going on so that you would not think that he was ignoring anyone. He very much loved guns, the culture and the people who shared it. He enjoyed teaching children and my GF’s how to shoot and loved to watch them progress. He was an adamant supporter of the 2nd Amendment and the NRA.

I’ll most likely be posting under this avatar in the future but I felt the need to inform the community of his status. If you would like to make a contribution in his name, I’m certain that he would want it to be to the NRA.

Thank you for your time.

Sincerely,

Molly’s Son.

Finster101
07-24-2012, 04:17 PM
I'm very sorry to hear this news. I enjoyed his posts and appreciated his willingness to share his knowledge. I wish you the best in this difficult time.

James

No_1
07-24-2012, 04:46 PM
Hello "Molly's Son",

I am sure I speak for many members when I say we are very sorry to hear of Molly's condition. I hope during his remaining time he is comfortable and surrounded by those that mean the most to him. If there is anything I can do please contact me via PM. God speed Molly.

Robert

kbstenberg
07-24-2012, 04:52 PM
I am sorry to hear the bad news! He will be missed.
My prayers go out for him and his family.
Kevin

EDK
07-24-2012, 05:33 PM
I am truly sorry to hear this news. Your dad is a valued member of the family here. Prayers out bound for him and the family.

My dad died in hospice in 1998. Cancer, bad heart, the retained fluid situation where they drain you at the hospital every couple weeks and then more often as you go down hill. Those who have seen it know what I mean...not good.

Dad was in bed and wanted to sit up. Mom tried to stop him, but he persisted and then my uncle came over and helped him sit up. He looked around for a minute or two....and then he was gone. IF you get in a similar situation, you might want to remember this...and give him that last little wish.

God Bless all of you in this

geargnasher
07-24-2012, 05:45 PM
Ouch. He will be greatly missed in many ways around here. He will leave quite a legacy of knowledge in his posts, and I'm sure he has left a fine one in life.

Gear

Mooseman
07-24-2012, 05:50 PM
I am deeply saddened to hear this news.
I Pray his suffering won't be more than he can bear and Strength for him and the Family in this difficult time.

Rich

fishnbob
07-24-2012, 05:50 PM
My Dad died with pancreatic cancer at the age of 57. I lost my best friend and hunting & fishing pal. It is the worst thing I ever had to endure. My prayers are with you, I know how you & your family feel. Go to the Lord with your burdens and he will lighten the load. God bless y'all.

Prayerfully, Bob.

waksupi
07-24-2012, 06:04 PM
This is sad news. Molly is retired staff here, and is thought very highly of. I do hope he has some comfort.

I also copied this thread in to the "Our Town" section.

Aaron
07-24-2012, 06:13 PM
I am saddened to hear this. I was just wanting tg to cpontact him. Because of his COW posts, I decided to try it with 12 gauge slug loads and got the most consistent groups to date out of my light Ithica.

I have been in healthcare for 20 years, I know what this means...and the timeframe. My prayers are go to Molly, you, and his family.

Aaron

dragonrider
07-24-2012, 06:18 PM
This is sad, I do hope that he is comfortable. It means much to us that you took the time to inform us of your dads condition as I am sure it does to your dad. Thank you and please tell him we think of him often.

nanuk
07-24-2012, 07:24 PM
My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family

btroj
07-24-2012, 07:28 PM
Thisis sad news. Molly is great source of ideas and inspiration here.

Will be thinking of you and your family.

sbeatty1983
07-24-2012, 08:26 PM
Im kind of new here and did not know him but ill say a prayer for him. I hope he can be comfortable during his remaining time. I was very close to my stepfather and lost him to lung cancer 4 years ago. The hardest thing in the world is watching someone you love slowly slip away, Ill say a prayer for you and your siblings too.

NoZombies
07-24-2012, 09:28 PM
This saddens me deeply. Molly has truly been a treasure to the casting and shooting community, and it has been a pleasure for me personally to have gotten to know him.

I had hoped to make a trip to visit Molly this spring, but things got so hectic here that I was unable to do so and had tentatively rescheduled to the fall. I didn't realize until just the moment I read this thread how truly unfortunate my missing that trip will have been.

GLL
07-25-2012, 12:34 AM
Sad news indeed ! :(

Jerry

swheeler
07-25-2012, 10:01 AM
Bad news indeed, Molly's knowledge will be missed, God bless all.

Molly
07-25-2012, 10:53 AM
Thank you all for your wishes and prayers. Be assured that he's resting as comfortably as possible. I've relayed to him that the community here is thinking and praying for him.

I'll keep you updated when I can.

~Brian (Molly's son)

Von Dingo
07-25-2012, 09:35 PM
Prayers go out to all of you.

303Guy
07-26-2012, 02:41 AM
Very sad news. Thank you for letting us know. Please tell him I say "Hi". All the best to you and Molly and your family.

lead-1
07-26-2012, 03:46 AM
Prayers sent and God be with you. <><

rintinglen
07-26-2012, 01:29 PM
Bless you and all who loved him. May his suffering be little and his reward great. His knowledge and contributions will be missed.

Molly
07-27-2012, 01:21 AM
Hello everyone,

I wanted to inform you that Molly passed away tonight (Tues, 7/26/12) @ 9:50PM (EST). I and his brother were with him at the time. We went to visit him and he was gone in about an hour after we got there. He passed peacefully in his sleep and as comfortable as possible.

As per his wishes, there will be no viewing and just a simple graveside service w/ immediate family and pastor only. He leaves behind 2 sons and a younger brother and sister along w/ 1 niece and 4 nephews.

I and Molly's family appreciate the support and prayers of the community and thank you from the bottom of our hearts.

Sincerely,

~Brian. (Molly’s oldest son)

waksupi
07-27-2012, 11:09 AM
Our hearts are with you, Brian.

lead-1
07-27-2012, 01:47 PM
Sorry to hear this, Stay strong and may God be with you in your time of sorrow.

R.M.
07-27-2012, 04:04 PM
Remember the good times. I'm sure there were many.

whisler
07-27-2012, 09:00 PM
Prayers have been offered for your dad and your family. Truly sad news indeed.

David2011
07-27-2012, 11:47 PM
I'm so sorry. I always enjoyed his posts and knew that whatever he wrote was worth reading. He will be missed here but that is nothing compared to the way his family will miss him.

David

Von Dingo
07-28-2012, 10:28 AM
Heartfelt condolences

MT Gianni
07-28-2012, 05:37 PM
I am firing some 32 S&W longs this weekend in his memory.

41mag
07-29-2012, 09:25 AM
My prayers and condolences go out to you and yours.

I lost my best friend, my brother from another mother if you will, to the same at only 38. He fought it hard for close to two years before it finally took him.

God Bless...

alamogunr
07-29-2012, 11:12 PM
I received the latest issue of The Fouling Shot a couple of days ago. It contained, what must be Molly's last article. He will be missed. Condolences to his family.