PDA

View Full Version : 2 Thumbs WAY up for Accurate Molds

mktacop
07-24-2012, 08:53 AM
Last Thursday morning, I ordered a mold from Accurate Molds, #36-160H, 5-cavity aluminum. Accurate's site lists 3 weeks as current turnaround on orders. Imagine my surprise when I went to the mailbox Saturday and had a small box from Accurate with my new mold.....only TWO DAYS after ordering it. I don't know if they had one in stock, or if it was made and shipped the same day I ordered it.....I just know I had it about 48 hours after ordering it.:bigsmyl2:

I have to add that this mold casts VERY easily and is a pleasure to make boolits with.

NLS1
07-24-2012, 09:59 AM
That is great to hear, thanks for the information!

Dan

MarcusT
07-24-2012, 02:32 PM
I just orders a mold from him Sunday it would be awesome if I don't have to wait 3 weeks.

mktacop
07-24-2012, 02:36 PM
I just orders a mold from him Sunday it would be awesome if I don't have to wait 3 weeks.

I sent him an email saying thanks and asking if he made the mold Thursday or had one in stock. I got this reply, "I don't keep any molds in stock, they are all made to order. The turnaround time that I post is just a worst case". So unless you ordered something really exotic, I'd say you will probably have it well before 3 weeks has passed.

geargnasher
07-24-2012, 03:12 PM
We TOLD you so! I sure hope Tom plans to live forever and keep doing what he's doing, he's sure got a smooth operaion going on, and some of the finest moulds out there today. Look at his sprue plates, hardware, and alignment pins and compare them to the other mould makers, even the custom ones. Accurate and MP Molds are the only ones I consider any more unless they can't make the design I need.

Gear

quasi
07-24-2012, 10:05 PM
Accurate does not do group buys, which is good for us and fast delivery's.

geargnasher
07-24-2012, 11:09 PM
I figured that, but never asked him. Look how Mihec and NOE are mired right now. I'll bet he's got all he wants just on account of that and all the cancelled buys.

Gear

oldandslow
07-25-2012, 12:45 AM
mc,7/25/12

Another satisfied customer of Tom's here, using many of his molds.

best wishes- oldandslow

dromia
07-25-2012, 04:52 AM
I just got a cadet mould he made for me, turn around was four weeks and that probably included a few days in customs. Lovely mould casting lovely boolits. His Snider mould is a beauty too I see he has a good looking 12 bore slug design that looks the business for my Tabatiere. Just need to slug the bore to get the dimensions I need and that will be next on my list. I just wish he could do pointy and calibres smaller than 30 cal.

adrians
07-25-2012, 07:07 AM
Ordered this little Gem on a Friday night and it was at my door last Wednesday,

now that's FAST !!!

Great workmanship ,,great service,, great product,,,,,, nuff said,,:D