PDA

View Full Version : Scope mount for m1 carbine

xrangerx
07-24-2012, 01:49 AM
What is a good scope mount for an m1 carbine? Any suggestions? Where should I start looking?

Thanks,
Ranger

Chicken Thief
07-25-2012, 02:23 PM
Here:

https://www.google.com/search?q=m-1+carbine+scope+mount&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=

WineMan
07-25-2012, 10:15 PM
Back in the 1970's I added a D & T scope mount. It did not shoot any better and I took $300 off today's value of the rifle. I think Redfield had a non D&T mount but it was $29 plus rings which was three days pay back then for a Teen. I put it back to military trim a couple of years ago, but that hole in the side of the receiver still bugs me.

Wineman

Fishman
07-30-2012, 07:20 AM
Yeah really the peep sight gets you pretty much all of the accuracy the rifle has. I sure wouldn't mess one up drilling and tapping unless it was a complete wreck or a commercial one.

bobthenailer
07-30-2012, 11:27 AM
I installed a B Square system on mine ! it comes with a no drill & tap base & rings set up . i had a scope mounted for accuracy testing and later a red dot mounted on it for normal shooting

WineMan
07-30-2012, 12:35 PM
My daughter shot mine at a 200 yard CMP match this weekend. She has only shot 22 cal and never over 25 yards. She had a ball and did fine for the situation: rifle, range and experience level. She used the iron sights and I had it at 300 and 8 left windage. I have never fired a carbine at that range before. I think an experienced shooter would have kept them all in the 8 ring. Her only complaint was the occasional hit in the head from the brass. She is right handed but still got a few dings?

Wineman

Hardcast416taylor
07-30-2012, 01:10 PM
I installed a B Square system on mine ! it comes with a no drill & tap base & rings set up . i had a scope mounted for accuracy testing and later a red dot mounted on it for normal shooting

Likewise on the B Square system.Robert

thehouseproduct
07-30-2012, 01:44 PM
I use one of these and a red dot. I like how it works. Makes longer shots easy without needing magnification.
http://ultimak.com/BuyM1C.htm