PDA

View Full Version : Great Falls, MT BPCR

Rambunctious
05-04-2007, 11:41 PM
Just want to let everyone know that there will be a 300 yard BPCR benchrest shoot on 5/19 at the Great Falls Shooting Sports Complex. I don't have all the details yet, but it will be unlimited sighters and then 10 for score. Great Falls is known as the "Windy City" and that's definitely an understatement, so it should be Interesting. We are trying to get more interest in BPCR at this range and hope this helps to kick things off.

I'll find out what time and get back to you all.

The Double D
05-05-2007, 01:30 AM
RH,

Where is the GF Shooting Sports Complex? Is that the range about 5 or 10 miles north of town going out 87?

montana_charlie
05-05-2007, 01:30 PM
Dang, Rick!
If my last session (Apr. 29) had not produced such lousy groups, I might have felt ready to try something like that. I have to find out what went wrong, before I can get back to where I was.

Unless something fortuitous happens, I'll have to say, "Maybe next time..."
CM

Rambunctious
05-05-2007, 03:10 PM
Charlie,

The whole reason we're doing this BPCR Benchrest shoot is to smoke you out and make you come out and play! It's just for fun and no one but you will care if you happen to miss, which I doubt you will. :)

Details:

The Great Falls Shooting Sports Complex is located a couple of miles north of town on Highway 87. Turn right on the Moroney Dam road, go about a half mile and it's the first left. After driving in, take the first left again and go to the end.

It will start at 10AM on May 19th and the entrance fee will be $5.00. It's a 50/50 match so the winner will get half the entrance fee pot. There are no hard and fast rules on this first shoot, so the final details will be worked out that morning. Bring a good spotting scope if you have one.

If you have questions email me at: flygood@gmail.com

montana_charlie
05-05-2007, 08:44 PM
Charlie,
The whole reason we're doing this BPCR Benchrest shoot is to.......make you come out and play!
Uh huh...
You and Linda are probably planning to take turns kicking my butt.

But since you said it that way, I'll see if I can get something loaded that has a chance of hitting a grain bin at that range (guess I could practice on my neighbor's)...but I'm not promising anything.
CM

Rambunctious
05-06-2007, 12:59 AM
Charlie,

I'll see if I can arrange to have a couple of grain bins hauled in just for you... :)

Looking forward to seeing you out there.

montana_charlie
05-06-2007, 11:25 AM
a couple of grain bins
Two bins?
Oh, of course...one for sighting in, and one for score.

Save yourself the effort, Rick. I'll be at a branding over at Shonkin that weekend. Been doing it since '77, but I needed to check with them to see 'which Saturday' it would be this year.
CM

The Double D
05-07-2007, 12:09 AM
Would BPCR Bench rest matches allow my Martini Rifle?

Rambunctious
05-07-2007, 08:55 PM
Hi Double D,

This is going to be a relaxed match to generate interest in the range and in black powder shooting, so I think your rifle will be fine. I think it's going to be fun just trying to outsmart the wind and get some holes in the paper! Might have better luck with a black powder scatter gun, but I'm sure that would NOT be okay... :)

The Double D
05-07-2007, 11:26 PM
Well if it just meant a drive down from Cut Bank, I'd be there then. But they haven't got the bridge in from South Africa to GF yet...so I'll have to wait untill I get home in 1 to 4 years.

The only time I ever noticed the wind in Montana was one day when it wasn't...

Rambunctious
05-09-2007, 12:19 PM
DoubleD

That dang bridge ain't in yet? Where are our tax dollars going to?

I wouldn't know how to stand up here if the wind wasn't blowing.

Hopefully this will be the first BPCR shoot here of many, so I hope to see you here in the future.