PDA

View Full Version : Rummage Sale Finds

jh45gun
05-04-2007, 10:56 PM
Well went out this morning for the first time this year. Not many sales today but I did find a Kodak Digital Camera that works that is a older model that is now discontinued but does have telephoto and uses a memory card and does work paid a buck for it will make a good truck camera. Good thing is the memory card was a 128 MB one so that was worth a few bucks by its self. Then went to one this afternoon and hit a small jackpot Got a pistol rug for 1.50 that fits my Navy Arms TT Olympia better than the rugs I had :P. Got a Camo Jones Style hat insulated for 25 cents and one of those Awls for sewing leather that has the bobbin in the wood handle. This one is an OLD one it sold for 1.98 new :laughing: two needles left with it and two bobbins of waxed thread. Got it for 50 cents. One of those fish cleaning boards with the clamp on one end for clamping the tail and a Rapala filet knife the mid size one both for 2 bucks. a nylon duffle bag 25 cents and a stickler that I hope some one here can help me identify. I got this for 15 cents. LOL it is a Primeing tool that is hand held and the shell plate adapter screws into the tool. This one a 30/30 shell fit into it so at least I can use it though it would be slow as it does not have a primer tray. Any one know what brand it is? At first I thought Lee but the lee ones look different too unless it would be an early Lee one????

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v454/jh45gun/dcp_0155.jpg

jh45gun
05-04-2007, 11:35 PM
Forgot to add 200 rounds of Remington Thunderbolt ammo in a metal index card box for a Dollar Fifty.

MarkK
05-04-2007, 11:55 PM
My wife and I are borderline rummage junkies. Scored a piece of Roseville pottery at a yard sale late in the day. Talked him down to 50 cents. Sold the piece on ebay for $43. Found a 1st edition scifi book by Robert Heinlein. Paid 15 cents and sold for $75 on ebay. There is money to be made. Look around your house and see what sells on ebay. Take a pic and post it. I know ebay has anti gun policies but they can't tell you how to spend your profits 8-)

NVcurmudgeon
05-05-2007, 01:40 AM
jh, I remember htose Lee priming tools from abut 1970. They work good until the aluminum cam that operates the steel priming punch gets boogered.

floodgate
05-05-2007, 02:19 AM
jh45gun:

Yep, that's the earliest of the Lee hand primers. I have had mine for over 40 years and it is still running fine. PM me if you want to find a home for it ($10, shipped???); I have a whole bunch of the shell holders, and would like to have a spare. I suppose - like the Curmudgeon from NV says - they'll eventually wear out (lubing helps!), but mine has had a lot of use and is still fine. Somehow, it fits my hand better than the RCBS.

floodgate

Ohio Rusty
05-05-2007, 07:24 PM
Friday I stopped by a yard sale where I bought six 50 round boxes of 38 special LSWC, 7 dillon 38 special boxes for reloads, one cushion pad for my shotgun and 2 shirts all for 20 dollars. Too bad I didn't have more money ... he had some sort of russian semi-auto rifle that chambered 7.62 X 54 with the black plastic fiber-force stock for $99.00. Necessary medicines and car insurance this month took care of any extraneous spending ........
Ohio Rusty

grumpy one
05-05-2007, 07:43 PM
Those single-primer Lees were the cat's pyjamas way back before the auto-prime was introduced. I seem to recall (though it isn't my game) that the benchrest fraternity kept using them for a long time afterward. To me their feel is considerably better than the auto-prime, and they are way more durable as well (though as floodgate said, a little lube in just the right place helps their feel and wear rate). The downside is that you have to handle each primer to insert it into the device, and keeping your hands clean while reloading is a bit of a challenge. Changing shell-holders is also a bit slow due to a fine thread and a spring-loaded device being involved. I've got one with a couple of shell-holders but seem to be too lazy to use it - despite considering it the best primer-pusher I've seen.

jh45gun
05-05-2007, 10:08 PM
Floodgate I think I will hang on to it for now but if I change my mind I will contact you. Were the shellholders lettered? This one looks like a C stamped on the bottom of the open end?

floodgate
05-06-2007, 11:49 AM
jh45gun:

Another poster popped up and offered me one of these, which covers my need for a spare. So, by all means, hang onto yours; it makes a nice, handy tool for hand-priming small runs.

Yes, Lee did use letters to ID the old screw-in shellholders. They went through the alphabet, skipping a few letters (which were probably special-order jobbies) and then went with double letters from AA through PP (again with a few gaps). "C" was for the .30-30 and its relatives.

floodgate

sundog
05-06-2007, 11:53 AM
I've got one of them c.1972ish. I've only 2 shell holders. Any idea where to get others?

felix
05-06-2007, 12:24 PM
I used that thing exclusively for years, using moly for lube since day one. Had shell holders for all the normal rifle cases and for all large pistols at the time. I sold the whole shebang to a collector in the Chicago area for collectors' money years ago. A couple of hundred or thereabouts if I member correctly. Anyway, an offer that couldn't be refused, that was. ... felix

floodgate
05-06-2007, 12:52 PM
Sundog:

If the current deal goes through, I MAY end up with a few extras. PM me in about 2 weeks (mark it on your desk calendar) and ask again.

floodgate

ktw
05-06-2007, 12:59 PM
I've got one of them c.1972ish. I've only 2 shell holders. Any idea where to get others?

I've got the tool, three shellholders and a reference card indicating which letters match which cartridges. Let me know which cartridges you are interested in.

I don't have the tool in front of me but I'm pretty sure I have the 30-06/308/45ACP holder, the 223 holder and one other which I don't recall the size of.

-ktw

Edit: 38/357 on the third one.