PDA

View Full Version : took my gal shooting

unclebill
07-20-2012, 04:11 PM
my fiance and i went to the gun range today.
for the 1st time she got to shoot from a bench.
at one point she said.
i am NEVER shooting walmart (bulk) ammo again!
then later she said that she could shoot my rifle all day!
i thnk i have won her over to the wonderful world of .22 shooting. ;)
she prefers the custom 10-22 over the cz452 varmint
anyhow
here is her best 50 yard 5 shot group.
http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l272/billhedges/10-22groups001.jpg

here is a group she shot with fed bulk ammo(walmart ammo) right before i handed her some CCI standard velocity
http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l272/billhedges/10-22groups.jpg

pietro
07-20-2012, 06:26 PM
I've found that the hardest part about female's shooting is getting them to even hold a gun in their hands in the first place.

Once they DO, though, every one I've taken shooting (about 2 dozen-odd) has been a 'natural", shooting very well, with no bad habits - provided their mentor doesn't "overgun" them with a loudenboomer the first few times out.

Good on you, AND her ! . [smilie=w:

Bill*
07-20-2012, 06:29 PM
I dunno...That Walmart/Federal ammo shot a one hole group.....Well, except for those nine fliers. :mrgreen:

.22-10-45
07-20-2012, 10:11 PM
Hello, unclebill. I think there are alot of gals with natural shooting ability...When I was dating my soon-to-be wife, I set up a target in back yard & handed her a little Remington #4 rolling block .22 rimfire....plain open rear, blade front. She proceded to knock the center out of that target!...Offhand! She prooved to be a pretty fair shot with a S&W K22 as well. Her reaction?...Ho hum! I would have given my eye teeth to be able to shoot like that on my first try!..She doesn't mind my shooting or hobby..but is just not interested in shooting herself..go figure?

wgr
07-21-2012, 04:10 AM
I've found that the hardest part about female's shooting is getting them to even hold a gun in their hands in the first place.

Once they DO, though, every one I've taken shooting (about 2 dozen-odd) has been a 'natural", shooting very well, with no bad habits - provided their mentor doesn't "overgun" them with a loudenboomer the first few times out.

Good on you, AND her ! . [smilie=w:

i do think you have the right idea. start slow with a small caliber rifle. no bad habits is the key

unclebill
09-21-2012, 07:52 AM
i do think you have the right idea. start slow with a small caliber rifle. no bad habits is the key

last time
on her own she picked up the raging bull .454 and started whangin away.
it was loaded with .45 colt but still...:bigsmyl2:

**oneshot**
09-23-2012, 07:21 AM
After taking my wife out shooting my 22's several times, which by the way she is a natural, she now owns a ruger 22/45 lite.
Problem being that I can't seem to keep enough 22 ammo in the house, haha, what a problem to have.

crossdraw
09-28-2012, 09:43 AM
Be careful, I started my wife on a .22 magnum, then .38 special (loaded light) and then a Ruger MKII Slabside.

And now I am down three guns. She claims their hers.

Oh well, at least she's enjoying the same hobby as I am.

Jim
09-28-2012, 09:57 AM
Be careful, I started my wife on a .22 magnum, then .38 special (loaded light) and then a Ruger MKII Slabside.

And now I am down three guns. She claims their hers.

Oh well, at least she's enjoying the same hobby as I am.

Yeah, really! Shortly after Janet and I were married, she said she wanted me to teach her how to shoot so we could do that together. She took my S&W model 19 and now I have to ask her if I can shoot it!

I bought a new 22 rifle yesterday to hunt 'coons with, brought it home and showed it to her. First thing she says is "I want you to paint it pink for me." I'd be the laughing stock of the 'coon club!

crossdraw
09-28-2012, 02:02 PM
First thing she says is "I want you to paint it pink for me." I'd be the laughing stock of the 'coon club!

:grin:

gandydancer
09-28-2012, 02:22 PM
Yeah, really! Shortly after Janet and I were married, she said she wanted me to teach her how to shoot so we could do that together. She took my S&W model 19 and now I have to ask her if I can shoot it!

I bought a new 22 rifle yesterday to hunt 'coons with, brought it home and showed it to her. First thing she says is "I want you to paint it pink for me." I'd be the laughing stock of the 'coon club!
yup! and the coons would have a laugh also. What kind of a new coon rifle did you get-------the little lady?

Jim
09-28-2012, 02:45 PM
Dang, Gandy! I ain't even shot th' thing yet an' you already tryin' to give to Janet!:holysheep

Gran'daddy usta' say it don't take long to figger out who ya' friends are!:kidding:[smilie=s:

uscra112
09-29-2012, 04:18 AM
Why'd ya buy a new gun? Did the Tactical Cricket get stolen?