PDA

View Full Version : Lee, Lyman, roundball...now sabots

TRG3
07-20-2012, 11:07 AM
Over the past couple of years, I've gained a wealth of knowledge from this and similar websites concerning loads for whitetail deer hunting. I photocopied many, many posts/replies and, along with several Lyman reloading books, I've managed to get my 12 gauge H&R Ultra Slug Hunter to shoot, from the bench at 50 yards, 3" Lee Key Drive as well as Lyman 525 (soft cast lead) groups and almost 1" with the .690 roundball. Obviously, these are all well within the acceptable expectations for hunting purposes and I took deer with each of these last season. However, being one who likes to experiment, I have yet to try a cast or factory bullet in any kind of sabot. If any fellow shooters have developed a 12 gauge load using a sabot to be used with a smaller caliber bullet, I'd appreciate hearing about it, especially where you found the sabots for loading. Thanks.

NZSarge
07-20-2012, 09:44 PM
This

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?t=150140&page=4

Reply 76 from Ajay..awesome chap.

If I was in the states I would certainly be asking for 12g sample pack..bit unfair for him to post to NZ, but I will be buying once his website is obtainable..