PDA

View Full Version : shooting when you cant get away to

buck1
05-03-2007, 09:18 PM
Years ago my dad told me if I dry fired every day that I didnt shoot , I would always get better & better.
I would for a wile, but its boring.
It works to be sure, and several times over the years I would try to get in to it. But I couldnt stay with it. It was as exiting as a milk shake in winter.
But I bought a fairly good air pistol, A Webley and shoot it instead.
It shoots very good and my back yard makes a nice shady range. And the almost no recoil can show that little flinch that showed up from nowhere. You know...... the one that nobodys got. but lots of folks get from time to time.
I just thought I would throw that out there in case anyone is wanting a little extra practice or cant get to the range as much as they want. .......Buck

jhalcott
05-04-2007, 02:45 PM
Buck, that and those plastic bullets from speer that fit in the plastic case. Powered by a primer ,you get the feel for the trigger. Also you can shoot in your basement on rainy days. I have used both methods at one time or the other.

Driller640
05-04-2007, 06:21 PM
Hello, those soft air guns work as well, look like toys eh, but when its -40c out side it beats shooting the kids NERF gun and it hellps with the withdraw when stuck in hotel rooms for work reasons eh.

DLCTEX
05-04-2007, 07:23 PM
Check out the threads on gluelits, bullets cast with hot glue and fired with primers. DALE

river-rider
05-04-2007, 07:35 PM
Here is a link http://www.network54.com/Forum/79537/ to a airgun site. I will warn you what I have evil days. Airguns can be great fun and just as addictive as other types of guns. If you get your hands on a really nice airgun it will be hard to put down. of my guns the three most expensive are airguns. AirgunInfo.com is a good place to look for airgun info.