PDA

View Full Version : Bold Triggers- No Warr If Adjusted!

leadman
07-16-2012, 11:58 PM
As the title says, if you adjust the screws on the Bold adjustable triggers the warranty is void.
So why sell it as an adjustable trigger? I called and asked about this and the considerable slop in the pin holes in the trigger body. The slop is so it will fit all the different makers. So why not make the hole smaller so it can be drilled larger if needed.
Just irritates me when a ompany does something like this. Nev er had that issue with Timmney. Guess who I'm returning to for my future trigger needs.

KCSO
07-18-2012, 02:15 PM
Product liability, that's why it's so hard to find a gunsmiith that willl do a trigger job.

leadman
07-18-2012, 09:34 PM
It says in their advertising the trigger can be set from 2 to 4 pounds. Mine is way heavier than that.
If they don't want people to adjust their trigger why make it adjustable and advertise it that way??
Also could not find any markings on the trigger or paperwork as to where this is made.

NITROTRIP
07-19-2012, 06:35 PM
I have had good luck with the Mauser 98 Bold triggers. About 30 of them over the years.
But they were 6 or more years older. Needed 2 98 triggers at that time and they were out,
so ordered 2 Timmney's. The peice that holds the bolt was machined a** backwards. The
bolt sear flat faceing the barrel. Called them and they told me I was installing it backwards?
How do you install a trigger backwards, with the finger arch to the rear? Never had to touch a
Bold trigger for a 98. all worked well Sent those 2 Timmney's back and got 2 more exactly
the same, hammer sear flat faceing front arch faceing hammer, no possable way to hold the
bolt head in the cocked position. I friend of mine 3yrs later came over with his 98 and asked
me why he could not get his Timmney trigger to work. He said he called there tech an he told
him bolt and action was junk. Same thing, backwards. I took out a Bold I had laying around,
pinned it on tightened the set screw and it worked great. I had a few Timmney's on other actions and they worked fine. 100% no on 98's Never used a Bold on any actions but 98's
so I can't comment there. What action were you useing one on? The ones I had were made
in the USA about 10 yrs ago. Don't know about now. But yours was not made in China. China's
export laws state anything there can'not be exported without being marked as made there,
even down to the smallest electronic chip. Could be they are now makeing them in some
podunk 5th world country or something. I guess I will check before I order some in the future.

Idaho Sharpshooter
07-19-2012, 06:52 PM
Issues like this are the reason why I put Jewell triggers on every rifle of mine that Arnold offers them for.

Rich

NITROTRIP
07-19-2012, 07:18 PM
Rich,
You nailed what I forgot to mention. That is why the 6yr gap. Use one Jewell or top shelf
trigger and that is the end of the cheapmart triggers. Unless it's the hunting camp loaner,
if even then.

Rick

felix
07-19-2012, 08:32 PM
Jewell triggers are an exceptional value because they can be adjusted all 3-ways easily and remain thataway until heavy wear requires another adjustment. The wear is so gradual that the "mind" gets used to it and changes are not warranted for practical use until the barrel is plumb gone and needs replacement. For our use, the non-BR trigger is more than plenty kosher and is recommended for all guns except for all-out BR only guns. ... felix