PDA

View Full Version : Help with new SKS

FallRun
05-02-2007, 01:19 PM
I received my new sks today and have completely taken it apart. Am I to understand that this gun is to go back together dry( no oil ) after it is cleaned? Or is that the case with the bolt only? Thank You for your help.

d.thomson
05-02-2007, 01:45 PM
I dont oil my sks I use molly grease on all the parts alitle bit will do ya. I buy from Brownells. Dave T.

RU shooter
05-02-2007, 06:02 PM
What I do with mine are wipe all external metal lightly with a oily rag CLP works good for this. and about the only moving parts I lube are the rails on the bolt carrier( I use molly grease also ) as far as the actual bolt itself ,no it dosent need anything just wipe the gunk off it and make sure its totally cosmoline free, inside the firing pin channel especially . If its gonna be in storage for a long while a light coat of CLP on the gas piston and in the gas tube. just wipe the fingerprints of it after handling and it will last 3 lifetimes.
BTW which SKS ? Russian ,Yugo Chinese? Good luck with it.............RU

FallRun
05-03-2007, 08:14 AM
Shooter, I have a Yugo, Thanx for your reply. From what I understand it was made in the early 60's I ordered it in new condition from samco. Darn thing took over 5 weeks to get here. Never again will I order from them.

DaveInFloweryBranchGA
05-03-2007, 08:47 AM
FAllrun,

Don't get too wound up with Samco. They're a small outfit without many folks and often they're backed up. The stuff they ship is generally exactly as described, so the patience is worth it.

Regards,

Dave

FallRun
05-03-2007, 03:54 PM
Dave,
I here what your sayin but this is a new gun and I could have gotten it anywhere and in a lot less time. But yes I here they're used guns are in very good condition and sometimes worth the wait