PDA

View Full Version : OK call me stupid "I think"

Beekeeper
07-14-2012, 10:07 AM
I bought a Lee bulge buster.
Being an old but not bold reloader I forgot to read the entire directions.
Wanting to use it I decided to practice on some 9MM cases.
( Directions say do not use on 9 MM cases) The part I didn't read.
Funny part is most cases slid right through.
Did I ruin the rest? The diference is only 2 or 3 thousanths on the base.
Hate to throw them away but maybe the object lesson will teach me to read the " complete" directions.
Anyone have any idea if they are safe?

beekeeper

Longwood
07-14-2012, 10:20 AM
Gee,,,
I hardly know you,,,,
But if you insist,,,,
HI STUPID[smilie=s:

Longwood
07-14-2012, 10:23 AM
I bought a Lee bulge buster.
Being an old but not bold reloader I forgot to read the entire directions.
Wanting to use it I decided to practice on some 9MM cases.
( Directions say do not use on 9 MM cases) The part I didn't read.
Funny part is most cases slid right through.
Did I ruin the rest? The diference is only 2 or 3 thousanths on the base.
Hate to throw them away but maybe the object lesson will teach me to read the " complete" directions.
Anyone have any idea if they are safe?

beekeeper

I would think if some went through the die without being sized, I would shoot one then a few to see if there were issues before I tossed the brass.

mdi
07-14-2012, 01:09 PM
I'm a little lost. What caliber is the buldge buster? I thought a buldge buster was for reforming brass shot in some unsupported chamber handguns. What am I missing?

fryboy
07-14-2012, 01:51 PM
the bulge buster were brought into demand by unsupported chambers ( think early glock 40 cal. s&w ) and blow back actions , for those not in the know they also require a FCD die to work , of note the brass fired in unsupported chambers shouldnt be refired multiple times in unsupported chambers . in my humble opinion the 9 mmm size was more for 380 ( often found in blow back actions and bulged ) or 38 super etc
naturally the cases that went right thru should be fine , as should the few cases that took some sizing - however you should check the length of the sized brass ( that brass had to go somewhere )

Chicken Thief
07-14-2012, 02:03 PM
To my knowledge Lee dont make a bulge-buster for the 9mm. Something about it not being a true straight walled case.

They make a 380 bulge-buster but that is to small for 9mm.

http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/mm153/Chickenthief/Skydning/Til%20andre/9mmparabellum.jpg
http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/mm153/Chickenthief/Skydning/Til%20andre/380acp.jpg

Chicken Thief
07-14-2012, 02:06 PM
But then again.
The true stoopid one is he who do instead of ask and prosper from the experienses of his fellow man.

mdi
07-15-2012, 12:06 PM
C.T., I believe the one who learns from experience has permanent knowledge, and the one who only asks must have faith in the answerers...

geargnasher
07-16-2012, 03:36 AM
You can't buy experience, but you'll pay for it! (sig line of a member here, attributed to his dad IIRC).

Gear

noylj
07-22-2012, 03:10 PM
I have NO idea exactly what the OP did or why the OP thinks there could be a safety issue.
I don't know of ANY 9x19 FCD that will let a 9x19 case pass through it. I use the 9mm Mak FCD to "iron" my 9x19 and 9x21 cases.
The 9mm Mak is the 9x21 case blown out to eliminate the taper (that way, NATO can't use 9mm Mak rounds, but Russia could use-inaccurately-9x19 rounds in their guns). The 9mm Mak will ONLY touch the bulge and the case rim.