PDA

View Full Version : Case activated Little Dandy

Longwood
07-12-2012, 08:50 PM
Have any of you mounted a RCBS or Hornady case activated powder measure attachment to a RCBS Little Dandy measure?

canyon-ghost
07-12-2012, 10:11 PM
I wish I still had my Thompson Contender.

Take my cap off, place it over my heart. Aw, should've never happened.

Ron

wcp4570
07-13-2012, 10:36 AM
I just installed and setup the RCBS link kit and used an RCBS Uniflo measure on my old Piggy Back and it really works good. I don't know how it could be adapted to the Little Dandy rotor measure. I hated the powder setup before installing the link kit, now it is enjoyable to load with.

wcp

Longwood
07-13-2012, 12:20 PM
I just installed and setup the RCBS link kit and used an RCBS Uniflo measure on my old Piggy Back and it really works good. I don't know how it could be adapted to the Little Dandy rotor measure. I hated the powder setup before installing the link kit, now it is enjoyable to load with.

wcp

I have another one in the mail and will try to remember to let you guys know if it can be made to work.
The way the drums are offset in the big measures may be an issue.
I will probably need to make a larger diameter adaptor for the knob but they are for sale and I can easily make one on my little hobby lathe.
My goal is for a press with two automatic measures and I think it is quite doable.
I made a simple attachment that made the Little Dandy work automatically but feel that I may like the store bought ones better.

alrighty
07-13-2012, 02:37 PM
I have another one in the mail and will try to remember to let you guys know if it can be made to work.
The way the drums are offset in the big measures may be an issue.
I will probably need to make a larger diameter adaptor for the knob but they are for sale and I can easily make one on my little hobby lathe.
My goal is for a press with two automatic measures and I think it is quite doable.
I made a simple attachment that made the Little Dandy work automatically but feel that I may like the store bought ones better.
I do like the RCBS case activated linkage , I have a ammomaster progressive and it made life much easier.If you get it to work with the little dandy please post details.

Longwood
07-13-2012, 02:47 PM
I do like the RCBS case activated linkage , I have a ammomaster progressive and it made life much easier.If you get it to work with the little dandy please post details.

Will do,,
I can see already that I will need to make a short extension for the measure to screw into.
I would also like to incorporate an automatic knocker to help prevent bridging.
That should be fairly simple, I have been thinking about it for a while and have some ideas.

wcp4570
07-13-2012, 02:48 PM
I envy the guys on this forum that have lathes. Been a mechanic, tinker, fixer and all those thing my entire life and like to make things work. I like the posts where someone has designed and made something then shows the step and the end product. It sounds like you have a plan, good luck on making it work.

wcp

Longwood
07-13-2012, 03:00 PM
I envy the guys on this forum that have lathes. Been a mechanic, tinker, fixer and all those thing my entire life and like to make things work. I like the posts where someone has designed and made something then shows the step and the end product. It sounds like you have a plan, good luck on making it work.

wcp

It sounds like you are a lot like me and many others here.
If I had it to do all over again,,, I surely would get another lathe mill.
If it came down to a new gun or the lathe,,, the lathe would win hands down.
I have made so many things on mine that I can not count them all.
Special tools, fun projects, gadgets, and custom dies etc, become another enjoyable experience.