PDA

View Full Version : Morgan Buckshot mold...

Idaho Sharpshooter
07-11-2012, 08:48 PM
I cast six or seven three pound coffe cans full last month before sending it on to the next on the list.

Then, I drove the old Jag convertible to Illinois, and on to Branson, MO, for my Ranger Company Reunion. Then retraced my steps home, and my wife and I went to Alaska for a week fishing.

Sooooooooooooo, here I am finally cutting the balls off of the tree. How are you who have used it getting the buckshot clipped without leaving a big sprue stem, or nicking the side of the ball?

Thank you all,

Rich

SuperBlazingSabots
07-12-2012, 12:36 PM
Hello Rich, first of all you need a strong cutter like this for a raw cut from the tree, like you said!
http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee75/Dantebeowulf/RawSprucecutterscopy.jpg
The one on left is nice and strong, then you need a pets nail snipper for finishing it off, nice and clean!
Hope it helps.
Ajay
VideoMemories
VdoMemories-Blazing Sabots
www.Blazing Sabots.com
www.PreciousVideoMemories.com

Idaho Sharpshooter
07-12-2012, 01:36 PM
thanks,

Rich

shotman
07-12-2012, 05:46 PM
they sell pet toe nail clippers , Big Lots did have them for $1 dont know now but they work good. try a pet supply store they cut curve from either side

UNIQUEDOT
07-13-2012, 08:31 PM
You can get flush cutters like the ones you get from sharpshooter for their buckshot molds for a couple bucks from harbor freight. You need to use flush cutters if you want to cut the sprue flush without losing the spheres shape.

Idaho Sharpshooter
07-15-2012, 08:11 PM
UD.

you are correct sir!

$5 at wallyworld.

My buckshot will now fall out of my hand and roll all the way across my living room floor and hide under the furniture.

Rich
Sua Sponte

Idaho Sharpshooter
07-18-2012, 01:19 AM
My thanks as well to the gentleman who started this loaner program.

Rich
Sua Sponte

patsher
07-21-2012, 12:52 AM
I'm coming late to the game as usual -- please, what is a "Morgan mold"? Size of shot? How does one get on the list?

Just Duke
11-26-2012, 09:07 AM
Good info