PDA

View Full Version : More Zack time

Olevern
07-10-2012, 06:48 PM
Picked Z up at about noon today, went to the range near his house, which I had just obtained memberships for us both at to make it more convienent to take him shooting. Z and I shot a number of mostly .22 rifles, with the notable exception to the Mossburg 410 youth pump I brought for him to prepare him for hunting rabbit with me in the fall.

After shooting for about an hour and a half, we went into a nearby town for a late lunch then over to the state park to swim.

All in all a very nice afternoon.

Z's cousins will be coming over to his house on Wed. nite so we have some dirt bike riding planned for Thursday.

JeffinNZ
07-10-2012, 08:39 PM
Splendid effort. That boy is gunna have to start loading for himself soon.

Olevern
07-11-2012, 10:09 AM
Splendid effort. That boy is gunna have to start loading for himself soon.

Jeff,
He won't be able to keep a gun in his house (for legal reasons) until he is of an age of majority, that being said, he already wants to learn to reload, particularly for the 9mm and 38 spl.

I have promised to bring him over to the house to learn but probably will wait until summer is over and I will be looking for things to do indoors when the weather is nasty.

Maybe revisit reloading the 410 as I anticipate he will want to practice and hunt at every opportunity and I dropped reloading for shotguns many years ago as the number of shells I used in a season didn't justify the effort. Should be able to pick up a used MEC loader for cheap on fleabay. Those little 410 shells are costly and that boy is enamored with the 410 pump, I almost had to pry it out of his hands to put it away yesterday.

Anyway, reloading is definately in his future.

Hamish
07-11-2012, 10:12 AM
Having a little trouble putting into words Vern. That's good stuff.

EMC45
07-11-2012, 10:51 AM
That's the only problem with the .410. EXPENSIVE. My kids will run through some shells and mine is a single shot H&R.

mold maker
07-11-2012, 11:08 AM
Zack is luckier than he realizes.