PDA

View Full Version : Warm or cold? When to pull em?

Super Sneaky Steve
07-08-2012, 10:03 PM
My ventures into pan lubing has been hit or miss. I've been working with 50/50 beeswax vasiline and the other day none of my Lee 452-230-TC bullets took the lube. But right after I tried my little Lee 358-125-RF's and they all came out perfect!

I suspect that maybe I pulled the .38's sooner when the lube was still softer and I waited longer for the .45's.

Maybe caliber has something to do with it too?

I've tried Lee 452-255-RF's before and sometimes they take and sometimes they don't. At least I have a fail safe. If they come out losers then they get the mule snot as back up, but I'd like to get away from that if I can.

Any knowledge shared on this would be appreciated.

legend
07-08-2012, 10:36 PM
I tried this way only twice....its slow, its a pain,its,its...oh, i cant say here.

i assume you are useing a case cut off and slipped down over the boolit..cutting it loose,and it worked for me when cool,as in overnight.

i hope it helps you

Super Sneaky Steve
07-08-2012, 10:45 PM
I tried this way only twice....its slow, its a pain,its,its...oh, i cant say here.

i assume you are useing a case cut off and slipped down over the boolit..cutting it loose,and it worked for me when cool,as in overnight.

i hope it helps you

Actually I don't have a cutting tool. I use some bent pliers and pluck them out of a cake pan that I sat on my double boiler.

That might be my next thing to try though.