PDA

View Full Version : Red Plastic Powder Container

Rayc384
07-08-2012, 08:40 AM
Has anyone come up with a way to reinforce the red plastic powder container used on the Lee disk powder measure t he screws seem to crack the holes immediately upon installation. They are cheap enough, but, it seems there would be a way.

jcwit
07-08-2012, 08:50 AM
Upgrade with the Pro hopper.

https://fsreloading.com/lee-pro-a-disk-update-kit-90377.html

fryboy
07-08-2012, 10:13 AM
reinforce that tight is tight and too tight is broken/stripped ? i agree that the pro hopper is the way to go , of note if used with the pull back lever ( vs. the spring ) one doesnt have to remove the hopper to change disk , also of note is that the screw holding the spring/lever on is screwed into metal and is one screw vs. two ( but the spring can be a bear to pull manually )

bumpo628
07-08-2012, 08:43 PM
Use the cheaper powder measures if you don't change the disk very often. I also recommend buying a separate measure for each caliber.

Use the pro measure if you want to be able to change the disks whenever you want since it has metal threaded inserts. Plus it has a better seal between the hopper and the disk.

Rayc384
07-11-2012, 08:47 AM
Well, with this batch I am going to try to reinforce the area around the screws with epoxy. I tried it with an old one. I made a form of tape and used a wooden match to get the epoxy into it.

I have been careful on tightening the screws over the years, but they still crack with time. The other day, while loading some dummy loads, the container suddenly took off. Luckily it was empty.

I once had the Pro, but it seemed to bridge the powder that I was using at that time, and I finally converted it over to the other type.