PDA

View Full Version : UPS is trying to deliver my gun to me...

FergusonTO35
07-07-2012, 10:58 PM
I sent my Ruger SR9c back to Ruger for repair and now UPS is trying to get it back to me. They tried to deliver it last Friday at 2:30 but I wasn't home. According to the notice on my door they're going to try to deliver it again on Monday in the afternoon. Nobody is at my home until 5:30 pm at the earliest. I tried calling UPS but I only get a computer voice with limited options. I can reschedule the delivery but I can't take off work right now and I'm afraid that I will not be home when they try to deliver it to me and the gun will get returned. What should I do?

williamwaco
07-07-2012, 11:06 PM
If you know the tracking number you should be able to do anything you need at

http://ups.com

I recommend you ask them to hold it and allow you to come in and pick it up.

lylejb
07-07-2012, 11:10 PM
from the ups website:

A UPS InfoNoticeŽ is left by a UPS driver to indicate that a delivery has been attempted. Each UPS InfoNotice contains a UPS InfoNotice number that can be used to track your shipment, to change delivery options, or to verify delivery of your shipment.

If you have not received a UPS InfoNotice, you can use the UPS tracking number to determine where your shipment is. A tracking number is automatically assigned whenever a shipment is created. If you do not have the tracking number, contact the sender and ask that it be provided to you.

Other options include:

Wait until the first delivery attempt has been made and you have received a UPS InfoNotice. On either the ups.com home page or the main Tracking page, enter the 12-digit UPS InfoNotice number (found above the bar code) in the Tracking or InfoNotice Numbers field and follow the instructions.
In the U.S. and Puerto Rico, you can contact the sender prior to the first delivery attempt to request a UPS Delivery InterceptSM. You may have up to four alternate delivery options, including Will Call, Deliver to Another Address, Reschedule Delivery, or Return to Sender.

and another number to call:

Have a UPS Infonotice?....................................... ........800-833-9943

Hope this helps.

frkelly74
07-08-2012, 07:01 AM
Call in sick.

41 mag fan
07-08-2012, 07:12 AM
Call your post office and have it held , to be P/U .

Calling the PO to ask that would get a head scratching from them, since it was sent UPS not USPS

EDK
07-08-2012, 11:36 AM
Been there...done that...here's how.

The local UPS "hub" is in an industrial court 10 miles south of me. You have to take pistols there for shipment because of NEXT DAY AIR shipping requirement; the "UPS store" pick up locations won't accept fire arms for shipment. The hub is open for shipment or pick up from 5:30-to-6:30 PM...but you can knock on the door for information and possibly get your shipment at other times

I shipped my M1A to SPRINGFIELD ARMORY for repairs; picked it up there when SWMBO wasn't home to accept delivery. Also shipped pistols to the pistolsmith on a couple of occasions. The local delivery truck guy was in the loading area and knows me and said hi; did introductions to the counter guys.

It helps to have the attempted delivery papers and your tracking numbers, as well as your IDs. The tracking number tells your EXACTLY WHERE it has been and should be.

:redneck::cbpour::2gunsfiring_v1:

375RUGER
07-08-2012, 01:08 PM
800-833-9943 just press 0 for representative, or say "representative" I don't remember if UPS has voice recognition or not.
Give them the tracking # and you can redirect your shipment to your work location.
Or they can hold it at a UPS location for you to come pick up.

I would call today, because it wil be on the truck for delivery in the morning.

mooman76
07-08-2012, 01:24 PM
Last time it happened to me it was for wine. They have to have an adult over 21 be there to sign for it. The try to deliver twice which they didn't. I stayed home the whole day waiting for the delivery that never came. Anyway after 2 trys they give you a notice that you have to pick it up from UPS within I believe 3 days or it gets shipped back. Don't know if it's the same for a gun but I would think so.

Moonie
07-09-2012, 12:51 PM
If I miss one I always go to the UPS office and pick it up before they close. PIA but it works.

tomme boy
07-09-2012, 01:41 PM
Have it delivered to a neigbor.

leadman
07-09-2012, 02:32 PM
I don't think a gun can be delivered to a neighbor if it addressed to you.