PDA

View Full Version : Old Single Six

L Ross
07-07-2012, 10:10 PM
I almost goofed up on this one. Didn't know what I was looking at when I saw it on consignment at a small gun shop. Also didn't have my glasses. I was in there looking for the new CCI Quiet 22 and wasn't gun shopping. Drove home a couple hundred miles and did some research. Called a friend who lived close to that shop and had him put a hold on it. Picked it up today and it is even nicer than I thought after I cleaned it up. They sure paid attention to details on these mid 1950's models.

Duke

L Ross
07-07-2012, 10:12 PM
I'll try photo again.

http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q13/Walnuthill/DSC_0359.jpg

Bodydoc447
07-08-2012, 01:32 PM
Nice gun and good find!! You'll enjoy that one for years to come.

Doc

canyon-ghost
07-08-2012, 01:35 PM
Comes with standard warning:

Warning! Small animals and tin cans will become endangered species in your area! Also, hard on paper targets! LOL.

Nice Ruger,
Ron

L Ross
07-08-2012, 06:21 PM
Thanks Doc, Ron, my wife and I took it out to the back yard range after I gave it a good cleaning. It is going ot be a good shooter. I have 10 four inch squares with welded bases sitting on a R/R rail to shoot as little knock down targets and that Ruger just can't seem to miss. I love the little touches on this gun. There are fine serrations on the back edge of the blade front sight and a nice bevel on the front edge of the cylinder, decent trigger pull, and best of all it shoots to point of aim.

Duke