PDA

View Full Version : Subscribe to Handloader Mag?

Ohio Rusty
04-30-2007, 12:23 AM
There has been a series in the last 4 or 5 issues of Handloader Magazine about Vhitavouri powder. This recent issue has an article on VV 350. I'm interested in the articles on VV 310 and VV 320. If anyone subscribes and can copy those articles and send them to me, I'd appreciate it. I'll re-imburse your compy costs and mailing if you prefer. Gimme a shout if you can help.
Thanx ...
Ohio Rusty

tanstafl10
04-30-2007, 10:58 AM
if you do need them too quickly, i will check to see if i have those issues and get them coopied. w/ work schedule, may take a few days

Finn45
04-30-2007, 03:21 PM
R.H. Vanderburg Jr's Propellant Profiles for Vihtavuori in Handloader magazine:

HL#239; N530
HL#240; N310
HL#241; N320
HL#242; N330
HL#243; N340
HL#244; NN3SH
HL#245; no VV but Norma MRP-2
HL#246; N350
HL#247; 3N37

I have these, but in .pdf and I don't have Adobe-tools for separating them from the complete magazines which are quite large files... What powder you'll need most? I can copy the text part and email it, but table formats will be distorted.

garandsrus
04-30-2007, 10:18 PM
Finn45,

Did you buy the CD/DVD of Handloader magazines? If so, how do you like it? I was considering getting a copy.

John

tanstafl10
05-01-2007, 08:09 AM
VV 310 and VV 320 i found copies of these ready to send--- still want them?
nee address send in PM

Finn45
05-01-2007, 01:04 PM
John, I subscribed their online magazine which is down loadable in .pdf format. Cheaper than paper copy and arrives on time, no need to wait slow motion international mail. I noticed also those back issue DVD's, but honestly some hundreds of dollars is seriously too much for me.

CD/DVD of Handloader magazines?
John

garandsrus
05-01-2007, 01:36 PM
Finn45,

Interesting... I didn't know they had a .pdf version. I will check it out.

Thanks,
John

LarryM
05-01-2007, 10:16 PM
John, I subscribed their online magazine which is down loadable in .pdf format. Cheaper than paper copy and arrives on time, no need to wait slow motion international mail. I noticed also those back issue DVD's, but honestly some hundreds of dollars is seriously too much for me.

So hows hat work for sittin' on the throne?
:oops:

Finn45
05-02-2007, 05:17 AM
So hows hat work for sittin' on the throne?
:oops:

Hehe, dunno about that, usually not wearing a hat in a loo anyway. Maybe pdf will work if burned on a CD and used as a peeler or a curet? Never tried that one, prolly must be careful not to scratch the disc. What comes to magazines generally, using them for toilet paper wouldn't be too smart, probably, and not because of the articles, which, with all that advertising, are close to scheisse anyway, but the paper quality; I have a strong feeling that it would rather lay than clean. But of course everything is possible with repetitive action using new page for every wipe. It might leave a mark, though...

Beau Cassidy
05-02-2007, 02:03 PM
I don't know about burning a disc like that. I tried to do it to Propellant Profiles on a disc and it did something to the disc. It would only go to the first page of the disc after I tried it. I always wondered if the manufacturer didn't do that to keep it from being copied.

Beau

lurch
05-02-2007, 09:10 PM
A suggestion for those with the pdf. In Acrobat reader there is an icon on the toolbar that looks like a camera. Click on that and then drag a box around the pertinent page(s). As you complete the box, the image of what was there is placed on your clipboard and can be pasted into a word processor or email message as a graphic. That should make it a lot easier to send and shouldn't violate fair use rules (at least I don't think so...).

Sometimes the pdf is made so that this feature is turned off though. It's worth a try at least.