PDA

View Full Version : Day with Blake part two

Olevern
07-05-2012, 07:18 PM
...cont.

Spent about two hours shooting with the boys, then took them inside to play video games together while I grilled. After a feast from the grill, back outside to ride dirtbikes.

At about 1 p.m. took a break and loaded the boys into the truck for a ride down to the local grocery/convenience/gas store and bought the boys ice cream cones, then back to shoot some more.

Took a break for drinks frequently and the boys tore into the cookies and other snacks I had bought.

Alternated between riding and shooting the whole day until B's dad came to pick him up at 5:00 p.m., then B had to show his dad that he was now able to fire the centerfire handguns, so spent another 40 minutes shooting.

A great time was had by all (but this old man is tired).

Don't know how much ammo we fired today, but I do know that four boxes of factory 9mm Rem. were emptied, four bricks of 22's (and two boxes of stingers), countless 38 spl and 357 mag. reloads, two boxes of factory Fed. 327 mags, several hundred .32 H&R magnum reloads and several boxes of .22 mag. shells (boys liked to see the .22 magnum Ruger stainless synthetic explode emply pop bottles refilled with water).

Don't even want to guesstimate how much today cost in time (reloading) and money but it was worth it at any price.

Wayne Smith
07-06-2012, 12:43 PM
Hey, Vern, you really need to invest in some safety glasses. They are cheap.

crabo
07-06-2012, 11:32 PM
Those kids will talk about these times the rest of their lives.

Beau Cassidy
07-08-2012, 02:09 PM
Good pictures. I used to have the model 38 but it scared the **** out of me because I never knew if it was cocked.

Olevern
07-09-2012, 08:07 AM
Good pictures. I used to have the model 38 but it scared the **** out of me because I never knew if it was cocked.

Beau,
I carry this one on occasion and never worry about the hammer 'cause if I'm carrying the hammer remains down and if need should arise I would in the interest of speed most likely use it in double action mode (depending on the situation). I do like the ability to cock it if a situation should arise where you have cover and are engaging a bad guy further out.