PDA

View Full Version : Great Lee customer service

mdevlin53
07-03-2012, 05:10 AM
I bought a Lee Auto Prime a couple months ago and i have used it for several hundred rounds and i reaklly like this too. Well the other day i had a failure of the link between the handle and the priming ram. I wrote Lee an e-mail and explained whart happened. They asked a couple questions and requested a picture and in 2 days the new part was at my door free of charge. Lee stands behind thier products and i am pleased to be back in production again.

UNIQUEDOT
07-03-2012, 12:49 PM
Most folks order a couple spare links, but I'm still using the same one i bought over 20 years ago and haven't broken it yet. The darn thing is about worn out though. I've been wanting to try the ergo prime, but I'll probably wait til this one wears out or breaks.

Moonie
07-03-2012, 01:31 PM
I had the old auto prime (not as old as the screw on shell holders) and loved it, had several over the years in fact. I got the new one and it was ok, I thought as good as the old one. The ergo is a leap forward for them though.

JonB_in_Glencoe
07-03-2012, 03:45 PM
last weekend I was in the middle of trimming about (2500) 223/5.56 cases with Lee's case length guage and trimmer setup. I hit one case with a small flash hole or there was crud/corrosion in there and the hardened pin of the case length guage stuck !!!
I twisted and pulled...then broke that pin.
I e-mailed Lee Sunday night with photos via their website.
I got this e-mail monday.
=============================
Date: Mon, 2 Jul 2012 09:33:20 -0500
Subject: [#GLV-xxxx]: Hardened steel stop pin on case length guage Broke off
To: jon xxxxxxxx.com

Jon:
Thank you for the pictures, I'll send you a replacement Gauge at no charge in today's mail. We aren't sure why the Gauge broke, but as it's 223 brass, a good guess would be crimped primer holes.
Thank You,
Laine
Customer Service
Lee Precision, Inc.
4275 Highway U
Hartford, WI 53027
phone: 262-673-3075
fax: 262-673-9273

rexherring
07-03-2012, 03:51 PM
Most folks order a couple spare links, but I'm still using the same one i bought over 20 years ago and haven't broken it yet. The darn thing is about worn out though. I've been wanting to try the ergo prime, but I'll probably wait til this one wears out or breaks.

About the same here, my old one is about 20 and my "New" one is only about 12 years old. I do put a small dab of "gunslick" graphite in the bearing surfaces and they are still as good as new.

fryboy
07-11-2012, 09:10 PM
last weekend I was in the middle of trimming about (2500) 223/5.56 cases with Lee's case length guage and trimmer setup. I hit one case with a small flash hole or there was crud/corrosion in there and the hardened pin of the case length guage stuck !!!
I twisted and pulled...then broke that pin.

sadly the newer ones i have bought dont have the "hardened pin" , it's machined from the same piece of steel

worse i'm scratchin' me noggin as to why a removed used to be crimped primer pocket hole would even affect the protruding pin ????? ( that's around the circumference of the pocket and far as possible from the flash hole , or it was last time i checked ) i did have a decapping pin ( the hardened kind ) get stuck in a tite flash hole and pull out from the decapper once ( but i put it back in with a drop of stupid glue )

JonB_in_Glencoe
07-11-2012, 09:22 PM
worse i'm scratchin' me noggin as to why a removed used to be crimped primer pocket hole would even affect the protruding pin ?
Yeah, I thought that was kinda funny !
I found some more of that brass while finishing my trimming project.
I was much more careful with the new case length guage.
And, definately the problem was small flash holes.
I just threw them in the scrap,
those had just a numbered code on the headstamp.
Most of this batch is LC brass and I'll keep those separate from the rest.
Jon