PDA

View Full Version : stevens favirite

twotoescharlie
07-02-2012, 06:49 PM
got my new favorite (now the model 30)today. looks pretty good,would rather had walnut wood instead birch.
now made in Canada for Savage. looks like dam near the whole instruction booklet is printed on the barrel(full octagon) has inertia firing pin. bought one of the model 71 commerative ones for less than $100.00 in the last century, a shooter grade for $65.00 about 3 months later.
this one was $300.00 , don't believe it was worth it,time will tell.
this is more or less a last hurrah for me for at my age and inoperable cataracs , will probably be my last shooter.

TTC

Pavogrande
07-03-2012, 07:42 AM
I think a New favorite would be a dandy shooter --But that is rather pricey
I have a couple of the old ones, a 22rf and a 25rf -- neither are grand shooters -- but then did not cost $300 either :-)
I also have a 416 "armory model" which I recently inherited but have not shot yet -- I have do hig hopes for it --
I will be making my first visit to your grand state next month -- going to visit my daughter and her family in dacula -- I shall introduce the grandchildren to fun of 22 single shots --

twotoescharlie
07-03-2012, 08:00 AM
I figured that if I bought an old one(which are being sold for way too much) and rebuilding it that I would have as much in it as a new one. have rebuilt several before, and it is a good bit of work.
btw Dacula is about 10 miles from where I live.

TTC