PDA

View Full Version : How do you deal with a 'Troll' ?

wallenba
07-02-2012, 12:28 PM
Guys, I'm getting e-mail replys from some guy after posting a comment on youtube. He's really trying hard to get me to lose my cool. Mostly I just ignore him, but he's really an a$$. He's challenged my manhood if you know what I mean. He hides anonymously behind his computer, probably a thousand miles away safely in his mommas basement.

How long before these types of jerks give up and go away. I'm too smart to let this get to me, or reply more than the one time. I know that that is what he wants, so I don't.
Ever have this happen? First time for me.

wallenba
07-02-2012, 12:38 PM
Put his email addy into your spam filter and ignore it.

The replies come though youtube as an answer to your comments to our registered e-mail addresses. No actual exchange of addresses, just his user ID.
I'll poke around the puter looking for a way to find it if it's there. I'm not real computer savvy.

oneokie
07-02-2012, 12:43 PM
Report it to your ISP as harassment email. And try to report it to youtube as well.

Love Life
07-02-2012, 01:00 PM
Get a big billy goat. :kidding:

runfiverun
07-02-2012, 01:09 PM
you could click on his user name and see if there is a way to ignore/report from that.
iv'e never had to deal with the problem so i'm not much help.

gsdelong
07-02-2012, 01:29 PM
I work in IT and one of the reasons that Trolls drag you on is for social engineering. What this means is that the are trying to find out more about as possibly as a target for identity theft. A good "social engineer" can get enough information to really make life interesting. One story I have is, that from a face book page a guy got enough information to call the mother of a friend explain all about their Harley trip and talk mom into sending bail money to western union. He got trip details bike color, family members names, ect. Luckily they got the guy when he went to pick up the money, Police said it was one of the few they ever got the money back on.

Bigbore4me
07-02-2012, 01:29 PM
I'm not real familiar with youtube but adding to what has already been said many sights have a way to block or ignore folks like this. Sorry I can't be more speicfic. Too bad we have to deal with folks like this.

Ickisrulz
07-02-2012, 01:31 PM
Get a big billy goat. :kidding:

That is what I was thinking.

snuffy
07-02-2012, 06:49 PM
Throw a rope around his neck, drag him behind your boat,,,---in a swamp! Good way to troll for alligators!

imashooter2
07-02-2012, 08:33 PM
You used a real email address for YouTube? I always use throw aways for that sort of thing...

Most email clients allow message rules. Do all the email titles have his user ID in them? Just set up a mail rule that anything with that ID in the title is deleted.

x101airborne
07-02-2012, 08:45 PM
Dont we have a member "Baron Von Troll Whack"?

Bob Krack
07-02-2012, 10:26 PM
Dont we have a member "Baron Von Troll Whack"?

Sure do! Sic him, Baron, please.....

Bob

Jeffrey
07-02-2012, 11:04 PM
Tell him he is as important to you as a "dribble of piss running down a hound dog's hind leg." Let your only response to him be "dribble". It really takes he wind out of a "dribble's" sails to be addressed as so, then laughed at.

wallenba
07-03-2012, 12:52 AM
Evidently he has caught the attention of their administrators. His posts don't show anymore. Only the statement "this post has too many negative responses. I took no action to cause this, nor have I recieved any more e-mails.
That was easy?!

Harter66
07-03-2012, 03:57 PM
See ignorance IS bliss. You very blissfully ignored him/her/them..........

Worked on my x-wife too.

JonB_in_Glencoe
07-03-2012, 04:17 PM
Ignoring is best.
They'll go away soon enough if they are ignored.
The attention is what a troll thrives on.

Also, while I'm not familiar with setting up a youtube video account,
I notice some don't allow comments.
there must be a way to not allow any comments.
Jon

markinalpine
07-03-2012, 04:22 PM
I was getting e-mail to my own, home account purporting to be from YouTube customer service, telling me the video I had posted was a getting a high number of views. I do not have a YouTube account, nor have I ever posted anything to YouTube.
FIRST - I never even opened any of them.
I set my spam filter so these would just be dumped into my spam folder and deleted, and I contacted the YouTube customer sevice people. They eventually stopped.

ilcop22
07-03-2012, 06:21 PM
Ignore trolls.
Trolls primarily just want to get you upset, because they find it funny, or they get a kick out of it. If you ignore it, they move on to someone else and you don't look like a fool for playing into their game. There's no winning arguments with trolls.