PDA

View Full Version : Re: Natchitoches, La. book signing

Goatwhiskers
07-01-2012, 10:17 AM
Wish more could have come. After the fly-in function, we retired to the Natchitoches shooting range--a first class facility--for some pistol poker. I didn't do too well, blind in one eye and can't see out of the other. Doesn't matter, a good time was had by all. J. D. (Recluse) and Ben Rushing, the man who organized the thing are first class and I'm proud to have met them. When you get a chance, get JD's book, Above Reproach. It's a worthwhile read about what could and in some cases is what's happening in this country. Looking forward to another time when we can get together for some serious shooting. Goat :castmine:

gray wolf
07-01-2012, 10:54 AM
I was there in spirit,
and yes the book is a fantastic read.

Recluse
07-01-2012, 04:01 PM
for some pistol poker. I didn't do too well, blind in one eye and can't see out of the other. Goat :castmine:

The .45 Mike (Goatwhiskers) was shooting looked like an extension of his hand. NONE of us could see the cards on the targets, and we were all having to point them out to each other.

When Mike spied his, those cards got SHOT.

It was an absolutely magical weekend, and I absolutely enjoyed sharing a lunch table and shooting range with Mike.

We'll have to do it again this fall, in October.

:coffee:

Goatwhiskers
07-01-2012, 06:28 PM
Tell ya what, bring a long gun and we can get real serious, real quick. GW