PDA

View Full Version : Having a credit card melt down.

Billairgun
04-27-2007, 01:37 PM
I just sent off an order to the CMP for an Inland M1 carbine and decided to go for broke and odered a .22 Kimber target rifle with it. Totaled just over $1100.00 after spending another $1100.00 last week on my car I'll have to see if I have enough left for a 30 cal mold and gas checks.

Jack Stanley
04-27-2007, 07:24 PM
I've had months like that too . If you're careful you might be able to keep from applying for another credit card and running that up . Mercy ,....this habit do get hard to feed don't it ? [smilie=1:

Jack

targetshootr
04-27-2007, 08:49 PM
Sometimes I let mine cool off in the fridge at night after a long day on the internets.

:Fire:

Buckshot
04-28-2007, 01:44 AM
..............Ya know what? Been there, done that (several times) but if it isn't an all the time thing, and you do pay it way down if not totally paid off, usually there isn't a problem. Life is short, and what you buy now may never be cheaper. That's not an excuse to be idiotic but it does help with the guilt :-)

Last year I made 4 gun related purchases of not too inconsequential size. Two were for powder, one was for primers and the other was a rifle. When the rifle arrived and I saw it, I was glad I bought it. As I look at the current inavailability of the surplus powders I bought, and now the price of primers, I'm double glad I did it.

...............Buckshot

Bret4207
04-28-2007, 08:15 AM
Don't worry. Before long you'll get a letter advising you that your credit limit has been raised. My wife gets 3-4 a week like that!!! (HAR!)

leftiye
04-28-2007, 02:28 PM
Tpr., That unfortunately wasn't my experience. I had all of my CCs with $5000 limits (not maxed out either), and along came Wells Fargo and bought out my bank and immediately froze all of my accounts. Nothing about my actions, credit or nothing, just some banker's personal prejudices.

Lee
04-28-2007, 11:04 PM
leftyie, sounds like you tangled with "El Banco de Ameriko"
We tangled with those jerks also, took several WEEKS to close accounts with the bums. They didn't want to let go of us gringos' money. They're the same bunch advocating credit card accounts for aliens(illegal or otherwise)
Buh-Bye Bank of Amerika!!!!!!!!!!!!!..............Lee:wink: