PDA

View Full Version : Fooled by a pretty face C-93 woe

moose30273
06-29-2012, 07:38 PM
Just need to vent a little here and ask a question. I did something I should not have done and purchased a Century C-93 clone of a H & K 93 rifle. I could find nothing wrong with the rifle at the store. Took it home and shot it. Not on paper or anything, just shot it to make sure it functioned. It did just fine. Cleaned it up really well, checked the bolt gap which was fine.
Well I went to actually sight the rifle in today. No good, with the rear sight all the way left, I am still about six inches to the right at 25 yards. The Triple Frame appears straight up and down. I tend to think the trunion might be welded a little off.
Will ship the thing back to Century first of the week.
Now here is my question. Is this a G3 Triple Frame that is mounted on my rifle? On the CETME and H&K 91 that I owned the cocking tube fit tightly inside the Triple Frame. Just seems like this gap should not be there.
For those not familiar with the H&K system, the Triple Frame is the assembly which houses the front sight, cocking tube and attaches to the barrel.
The rifle did shoot pretty good though. Just not where pointed. I think the pattern of the two three shot groups is saying something but it does not really matter.
Thanks for letting me vent.
Moose.

Frank46
06-29-2012, 10:44 PM
Sure looks offset to me. Off to the left??. Frank

gew98
06-30-2012, 09:44 AM
I know how you feel. A buddy came over with two 7,62 cetme clones and neither were we able to zero to point of aim due to poor construction like you have run into on your example. I'm no fan of the whole HK/G3 things... they are to me ugly and not very ergonomic and they ping the hell as well as flute my beloved brass !.

94ranger
07-02-2012, 11:21 PM
Just need to vent a little here and ask a question. I did something I should not have done and purchased a Century C-93 clone of a H & K 93 rifle. I could find nothing wrong with the rifle at the store. Took it home and shot it. Not on paper or anything, just shot it to make sure it functioned. It did just fine. Cleaned it up really well, checked the bolt gap which was fine.
Well I went to actually sight the rifle in today. No good, with the rear sight all the way left, I am still about six inches to the right at 25 yards. The Triple Frame appears straight up and down. I tend to think the trunion might be welded a little off.
Will ship the thing back to Century first of the week.
Now here is my question. Is this a G3 Triple Frame that is mounted on my rifle? On the CETME and H&K 91 that I owned the cocking tube fit tightly inside the Triple Frame. Just seems like this gap should not be there.
For those not familiar with the H&K system, the Triple Frame is the assembly which houses the front sight, cocking tube and attaches to the barrel.
The rifle did shoot pretty good though. Just not where pointed. I think the pattern of the two three shot groups is saying something but it does not really matter.
Thanks for letting me vent.
Moose.

If you're willing to sink money into it, hop on HKPro's forums and look up Ghilliebear. He does work on these and I his prices are reasonable, though I don't have the exact cost at the moment.