PDA

View Full Version : Has Anyone Used SliP 2000 EWL on New Sprue Plates, etc.?

daddyseal
06-29-2012, 11:04 AM
I know folks here have kindly told me of Zip Lube and other things to use on my new mold sprue plates, and bolts. BUT, I am totally Out of money for a month....and very anxious to start casting!

I happen to have a tube of the high temp. lube called SliP 2000 EWL (Extreme Weapons Lubricant)
http://www.skdtac.com/SLIP2000-Extreme-Weapons-Lubricant-p/slp.105.htm

Will this stuff work?

Wayne Smith
06-29-2012, 04:05 PM
Doesn't say what the high temp limit is. That's the only potential problem that I can see.

geargnasher
06-29-2012, 05:20 PM
I haven't used it myself, maybe others have. Try it and tell us how it works, that's how most of the "tricks" we share and use come about in the first place.

Gear

leadman
06-29-2012, 07:19 PM
Any lube has to be used very sparingly so it does not migrate to the cavities. Easier to add more than clean out too much lube.

daddyseal
06-30-2012, 06:08 PM
Doesn't say what the high temp limit is. That's the only potential problem that I can see.

As hot as a full auto machine gun.

daddyseal
06-30-2012, 06:10 PM
Any lube has to be used very sparingly so it does not migrate to the cavities. Easier to add more than clean out too much lube.

I have used it inside my pistols...it does not migrate, and is advertised as not migrating.

cheese1566
07-01-2012, 10:17 AM
Good question. It is synthetic and highly recommended for AR's and M16's at armorer school last year. Good stuff and a little goes a long way.
I bought a 4 ounce bottle for personal use and more for our firearms division at work. I dispense it in small little needle dropper bottles since it doesn't take much.

I'll have to try it in the next casting session.

MT Gianni
07-02-2012, 01:39 PM
As hot as a full auto machine gun.

That is much less than a mold can get. Lube the plate after you have boolits in the holes. At worst you will have to lube often or it will allow lead to stick requiring cleaning. Check it frequently to make sure that you are not getting close to scratching the top of the mold.