PDA

View Full Version : Pushrod for 310 boolit sizer in a press?

FergusonTO35
06-29-2012, 08:52 AM
Hey guys. I've bought a few boolit sizers for the Lyman 310 tool and have the 7/8 adapter on the way. Is there anything I can use as a pushrod for my reloading press to push the boolits through the die? Would the pushrod for a Lyman lubesizer machine work? Thanks.

bbqncigars
06-30-2012, 12:08 AM
Lacking a lathe, you might look to Lee for a ram mounted push rod in the appropriate diameter. This would be a 'replacement' for one of their standard push through bullet sizer setups. These would be for nose first sizing, btw.

Wayne

theperfessor
06-30-2012, 12:28 AM
I'm going to run another sign-up list for my nose first sizer sets soon. If you wanted just the adapter that snaps into the ram (where the shellholder normally snaps in), and one or more pushrods in whatever caliber you need, I can supply that.

Be warned that it will be three to five weeks from posting the sign up list to delivering the goods. If you need it faster than that maybe Buckshot or one of the other fine craftsman here can help you. The next sign up list will be in this section, and the previous sign up list is in this section, the first post in it shows what I'm talking about.

FergusonTO35
07-02-2012, 09:32 AM
Perfessor, please let me know when you do. I'm planning to buy some from you.

theperfessor
07-02-2012, 12:28 PM
FergusonTO35 - pm sent

Char-Gar
07-02-2012, 01:17 PM
Lacking a lathe, you might look to Lee for a ram mounted push rod in the appropriate diameter. This would be a 'replacement' for one of their standard push through bullet sizer setups. These would be for nose first sizing, btw.

Wayne

That is why I would do. Mount the die in your press so the bullet will be pushed on the base. Just a matter of screwing it in from the bottom.