PDA

View Full Version : Sending a Dillon back for a refurbish

Lizard333
06-29-2012, 08:02 AM
I have read several times here in threads about guys sending there Dillon back for a refurbish. What caused you to send it back? I have taken a number of tours of the facility, I used to live not far from them, and have seen some of the refurbs. They were rust-outs from Katrina, and other horrible events. Never saw one that looked wore out from uses. The guys working back there were awesome to talk to, and very informative.

I have had my 550B for 15 years, and I bought it used. I use the heck of it, but besides the occasional part from Dillon, never thought to return it for a refurb.

Alvarez Kelly
06-29-2012, 12:10 PM
I had to send one back that had been "neglected" for a long time. Used, and used, and used, and never cleaned or lubed... It was worn in many places that shouldn't have been worn. When I got it back, it looked new.

I sent a 550 that a ham fisted relative had broken, didn't tell me, and then left it in a humid workshop for a few years. It was a rusted mess, not to mention the toolhead pin was broken off. How in the world that happened is beyond me. When I got it back, it looked new.

See a trend? :-)

Horace
06-30-2012, 01:11 AM
Bought a 450 for $50 sent it in it came back as a 550B for less than the price of a new one.

Horace

LUBEDUDE
07-01-2012, 12:17 AM
My handle crane was cracked on my 550 after 17 years.

Lloyd Smale
07-01-2012, 06:45 AM
ive had 4 square deals back for rebuild. Mostly due to the bushings wearing out. I know its pretty simple to replace them yourself but back then it was only about 10 bucks to ship them and they came back looking like new.

Walt
07-01-2012, 07:43 AM
I sent a SD in for refurb about 15 years ago, as I recall the out of pocket was less than $20. Came back looking new.