PDA

View Full Version : Comercial cast 327 Federal load

Thundarstick
06-28-2012, 11:01 PM
I have been lurking here at Boolits for some time, picking up bits and pices of priceless information, following links that have been posted to articles about shooting cast boolits, studing lubes and alloys and tinkering.

I arrived at this load after shooting several different brands of hard cast boolits that where like someone had taken a soldering iron to my bore. I did cook up a batch of home lube, scraped out the factory lube and used my own soft lube on the hard boolits and had much less leading. I slugged bores and throats and have arrived at a great cast load for me.

Federal case

CCI small pistol magnum primer

13.4 gr. H110

MO Boolit Co. 100 gr .313

This load shoots great out of all my revolvers and leaves very little to no lead! I get the same resoults with my lube and the factory lube. These boolits are advertised as a 12 B hardness intended for the 32 H&R and work great for my 327 loads.

I do hope to truly get back to casting some day, but I had to share this load and express my thanks for the tips and pointers that I have picked up here on Cast Boolits!

:cbpour:

BTW. Rugers- Black Hawk 8 shooter, GP100 7 shooter, SP101 6 shooter as well as a S&W 632 bright stainless with the comp, and a 2 1/4 inch Tarus 6 Shooter.

I like the 327 Federal and am doing my part to support it!:D

VA Shooter
06-29-2012, 07:42 AM
Thanks for posting I cast 115gr Lyman 311008 nice boolit