PDA

View Full Version : Google, the anti-gun search engine

ilcop22
06-28-2012, 03:44 PM
Enjoy:

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2012/06/28/google-shopping-to-censor-all-gun-ammo-accessories-results/

waksupi
06-28-2012, 03:51 PM
There is another topic on the same subject underway.

Gliden07
06-28-2012, 03:54 PM
Gun users should Boycott Google and send them a letter to reflect this!!

Olevern
06-28-2012, 04:21 PM
Thanks for the heads up, just emailed google and dumped their search taskbar, replaced with bingbar.

JonB_in_Glencoe
06-28-2012, 07:02 PM
Gun users should Boycott Google and send them a letter to reflect this!!

LOL, I think they already know :)

garym1a2
06-28-2012, 07:21 PM
gmail stinks too and I am not a great android fan either! for now i am a yahooer.

ilcop22
06-28-2012, 07:28 PM
I sold off all my shares of Google after I read this today. Principle is far more important to me than a few dollars.

MtGun44
06-28-2012, 08:22 PM
I will have NO business at all with Google. One founder is a Russian, the other
an extremely left thinking person, basically antiAmerican. They frequently put
cutsy little art on their site to celebrate leftists causes and NEVER anything for
Memorial Day or any other military or patriotic holiday.

Bill

Wal'
06-28-2012, 09:35 PM
Just did a Google search down here in Oz for Firearms & Ammunition & as yet no restrictions here ?????

jswaff
06-29-2012, 08:53 AM
Only restricted on the shopping part of google. Normal search still works.

gnoahhh
06-29-2012, 12:50 PM
Not a big deal. I never used Google Shopping, and I buy everything gun related on line. Sure, their management may be anti gun but I'm not going to cut off my nose to spite my face. A ****-ton of other organizations we all do business with are anti-gun also, and you wouldn't know it. Let's face it, we are in the minority and if we boycott every service that doesn't meet our 'standards' it won't matter a hoot. If an outfit the size of Google loses a few thousand patrons I doubt they would even notice, or care.

ErikO
06-29-2012, 04:15 PM
Not a big deal. I never used Google Shopping, and I buy everything gun related on line. Sure, their management may be anti gun but I'm not going to cut off my nose to spite my face. A ****-ton of other organizations we all do business with are anti-gun also, and you wouldn't know it. Let's face it, we are in the minority and if we boycott every service that doesn't meet our 'standards' it won't matter a hoot. If an outfit the size of Google loses a few thousand patrons I doubt they would even notice, or care.

Saved me a snotload of typing, thanks! :)

I never knew Google Shopping existed before 6/28, wasn't impressed with the interface. Amazon has done it better for longer.

oldgeezershooter
06-29-2012, 05:17 PM
I had my I.D. stolen a while back and had a lot of money spent on Google shopping.
Think they would do anything about it? Basically said I was SOL.
Couldn't give out any info. Against regulations.