PDA

View Full Version : Answers to common questions

btroj
06-28-2012, 02:02 PM
I am sure I will leave sme out so please help me.

What is something worth? Whatever someone is willing to pay you for it.

Will something work? I don't know, go test it and get back to me.

Can you do something? Absolutely! You can do anything you chose, whether or not you should is a different story.

Where can I find the answer? I am not sure but I bet the search function is a great place to start.

Are your bullets ok? I am not sure. Send them to me. I will shoot them and let you know.

oneokie
06-28-2012, 02:06 PM
If something is new, does that mean it is good and works properly?

btroj
06-28-2012, 02:10 PM
What is best? I don't know, ask around and see if YOU can get a consensus. I wish you luck. Make sure to wear flame proof clothing, you will need it.

dale2242
06-28-2012, 02:16 PM
What something is worth reminds me of a story s friend told me:

A guy wants to buy a hound from another. He asks the seller what he wants for the dog.
The seller says $1000. Buyer says kinda high for me.
Seller says that`s what he worth. Buyer says , I`ll tell you what, I have 2 $500 cats I`ll trade you for him.
It is worth whatever someone is willing to pay....dale

06-28-2012, 03:35 PM
It's enough to make one wonder how some people make it through their day.

As Bob Dylan sang, in Idiot Wind, "It's a wonder that you still know how to breathe"

geargnasher
06-28-2012, 04:30 PM
Poll: What is the best (fill in the blank). Answer: Probably none of the options you provided.

Gear

btroj
06-28-2012, 04:37 PM
You mean this?

Which is your favorite southern state?

WA, MN, NH, or WI ?

Hmmm........

Wayne Smith
06-28-2012, 04:42 PM
Reminds me of a story. A multimillionaire asks a beautiful woman if she will sleep with him for a million bucks. She thinks, and says yes. He says, OK, then, how about for a buck? She protests - What do you think I am, a *****? He says, We've already established that, now we are negotiating price!

Bad Water Bill
06-30-2012, 12:02 AM
You mean this?

WA, MN, NH, or WI ?

Hmmm........

Vermont

JonB_in_Glencoe
06-30-2012, 02:51 PM
You mean this?
WA, MN, NH, or WI ?

a good question for a canadian,
of course if he's from Northwest Territories,
he's gonna say Ontario...wah \ wah \ wah \ wahhhhhh \

runfiverun
07-01-2012, 02:03 AM
you forgot my sig line.
and my rule of ones = THAT is something you'll only do once.
but,,,, hey,, go for it, you'll learn something else besides what i just said.

btroj
07-01-2012, 07:49 AM
Very true Run.
I do miss Bassakwards. I really liked his line "it only matters when it does". Very true. I just don't think people could wrap their brains around it. Their loss.

WRideout
07-01-2012, 08:39 AM
My wife actually asked me once if an outfit made her butt look big. There's no answer for that one; if you are smart, the grass will need to be cut right then.

Wayne

DCM
07-01-2012, 11:03 AM
Why doesn't X or Y product work, even though I am not using it for its' intended purpose or I did not completely and thoroughly read and follow the instructions that came with it??

I am guilty of this too, but the wife is more than happy to remind me about the instructions and intended use before I get to ask others usually.

runfiverun
07-01-2012, 12:38 PM
i miss jon too.
had an e-mail chat with him some time back, but the computer i had at the time met an unfortunate boot related accident,and i lost his e-mail.

Hardcast416taylor
07-01-2012, 03:12 PM
A guy is trying to do a difficult job. He approaches a friend saying "I`m looking for some help"! The friend replies "I`ll help you look".Robert

geargnasher
07-01-2012, 03:30 PM
Why doesn't X or Y product work, even though I am not using it for its' intended purpose or I did not completely and thoroughly read and follow the instructions that came with it??

I am guilty of this too, but the wife is more than happy to remind me about the instructions and intended use before I get to ask others usually.

That's another good one!

Gear