PDA

View Full Version : Smith & Wesson SD9 and SD40

FergusonTO35
06-28-2012, 09:16 AM
My local shop got in a few of the Smith & Wesson SD pistols in 9mm and .40. They are selling them for $330.00. I examined them and they feel great in the hand, better than Glock, Ruger, or Springfield to me at least. The trigger pull is long and springy but not as bad as the old Sigma. Oddly, S&W says these guns use different mags than the Sigma, however we swapped mags between the SD and a Sigma they had in stock and the Sigma mag locks in and activates the slde stop on an SD. I wonder what the difference is? The Sigma mag looked like it didn't fit quite flush in the SD but otherwise appeared to be a match. Otherwise the SD looks like a great pistol for little money. Anyone have any experience with these guns?

Hogdaddy
06-29-2012, 01:08 PM
They fit, Just different base plates one square front-sigma & the othe rounded front-SD ; ) PS I have no experience with the SD, But shot the Sigmas & M&Ps
H/D

inline50
07-16-2013, 04:08 PM
I have read somewhere that the SD40 was experiencing problems jamming when using reloads.
I was planning on buying one until I heard this. Can anyone confirm if they are having the same
problems with theirs or is this just someone ranting on the internet.

chickenstripe
07-17-2013, 02:01 PM
Sounds like ranting by someone who was using reloads, that doesn't reload.

A load can be developed that will function in one gun and not another, that's part of the frustration, and fun, of reloading.

I have a 200gr 45 ACP load that my 1911 loves, but will not reliably function in a buddy's S&W 1911. I haven't investigated why, but it could be bullet profile, powder charge, or any one of a myriad of variables.

Heck, I used to think that lead boolits were dirty, and bad for a gun!