PDA

View Full Version : Wind proof scope stand

Gussy
04-26-2007, 07:48 PM
I have several prototypes and now have a scope stand I'm willing to sell, if enough people are interested. It weighs around 10 lbs, aluminum and plastic construction. The aluminum legs and main tube are 1 1/2" diam. It has a maximum 48" diameter foot print but can be adjusted to much less and there is less movement if not fully extended. It is designed for sitting or standing positions, 36"-72". I don't believe one stand can do everything well, so I left out prone and may have a single purpose stand for that later on.

I have had this stand, extended position, in a 20-28 mph wind with my Kowa cross ways with the wind and had little movement. I could easily see detail at 200 yds (all I had in front of my shop). I think it is by far the best stand I've used, and it will withstand a very high wind. It would also make a great camera/video tripod but a little bulky compared to the usual

I guess I'm looking for feed back. Any interest???
Gus

Uncle Grinch
04-26-2007, 07:52 PM
How about a photo??

And cost.

Gussy
04-26-2007, 08:30 PM
Until I know what quantity price I could get for materials, it's a little hard to set the price. At this time I'm shooting for a $160.00 delivered price.

I could not put a photo I had in, to large. I will try to retake it in a lower resolution tomorrow

Gussy
04-26-2007, 09:12 PM
I posted a couple of photos on my web site www.castingstuff.com they are high resolution and load slow. On the opening page, go down to the new products section.
Gus