PDA

View Full Version : 9mm??? cases..What are these??

218bee
06-27-2012, 06:53 PM
While my son was at gun club the other day scrounging for brass he came across 4 cases that stumped him and me both.I took a photo hope its good enough to see.They are aluminum and there is and insert? where if ya pull on rim case extends from rim. I show cases extended which is how he found them..looks real close to a 9mm. Rim dia. .386 and case dia. 386 oal .775 extended .941. looking down case mouth it only goes down about .147 and there is an extremely small pinhole in center my tag wire will not fit in hole. Primers have been fired. Maybe case comes apart but seems difficult although extends retracts easily.
So what ya think...tear gas?? some type of practice round??
Just curious...never seen any before but figured someone here would know

http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r123/nkorhn/brass/9_mm.jpg

mstarling
06-27-2012, 07:01 PM
I think they are older simunitions cases. Used for practice. The newer ones are part plastic. They are used to shoot a marking projectile something like a paintball.

Shiloh
06-27-2012, 09:01 PM
I think they are older simunitions cases. Used for practice. The newer ones are part plastic. They are used to shoot a marking projectile something like a paintball.

Must be what the blue plastic ones I see laying around are.

Shiloh

Lonegun1894
06-28-2012, 08:40 AM
Yes, the blue plastic ones are simunitions, at least as of 6 months ago they were.